Menu

Right Start Math Card Games??

TheRosySeven

We use the RS games on Fridays, when we have a light load. I try to find games that will reinforce what they've learned during the week, but that didn't work out today. Ds10 studied ratios, and I didn't see any games for that. Still, I use the games quite a bit, and we've owned them for about 3 years. I highly recommend them.

This is an interesting thread for me. We are new to RS this year (K) and I have found that we are never using the games. Not to be a hater! I think it's probably that they are just not as relevant at this stage. I'm hopeful that they will become more interesting as we go along. Also - what in the heck are the bead cards?! I ordered the complete starter kit and for the life of me don't see any bead cards.

Us we use the games often in our homeschool. Interestingly I use them just as often in my classroom at the brick and mortar building where I teach at an after school program. The kids just love the games (both my after school kids and my own kids) and I think spending 10-15 minutes on games is much more tolerable than a drill and kill worksheet.

This is an interesting thread for me. We are new to RS this year (K) and I have found that we are never using the games. Not to be a hater! I think it's probably that they are just not as relevant at this stage. I'm hopeful that they will become more interesting as we go along. Also - what in the heck are the bead cards?! I ordered the complete starter kit and for the life of me don't see any bead cards.

Did you check the appendix pages at the end of the manual?

I think the only game we used regularly in level A was Go to the Dump. We used more in B. We are finishing level C and now use the games all of the time. There are some great ones for learning multiplication facts! In any case you are right that they get more relevant later, which is probably why you don't get the games book until level C ( unless you order it yourself)