Menu

The new Apologia Chemistry and Physics

MissKNG

I am very excited that this came out and my big girl did a cartwheel! After our Astronomy unit, I would like to purchase and begin this program. The online samples looked great and I like how the Junior Notebook looks too!

Has anyone started or purchased it? Impressions?

I just got it in the mail a few days ago. It looks like there are a lot more activities than in previous books. I am excited about using it. In the past I haven't gotten an experiment kit, but I might look to see if it's worth it for this book because there are so many materials needed. There's a Facebook group you can join if you are interested in seeing how other people are using and enjoying the book.

I was looking at this too.  The homeschool store I usually purchase from didn't have the notebooks or lab kit though, just the text.  Technically I already have too much for this year but it looks wonderful.  I think I will have to force myself to wait until next year though before indulging in buying it.

I was looking at this too.  The homeschool store I usually purchase from didn't have the notebooks or lab kit though, just the text.  Technically I already have too much for this year but it looks wonderful.  I think I will have to force myself to wait until next year though before indulging in buying it.

The notebooks aren't coming out until mid-September. I'm going to wait until then to purchase since we have an Astronomy Unit to go through first!

I am very excited that this came out and my big girl did a cartwheel! After our Astronomy unit, I would like to purchase and begin this program. The online samples looked great and I like how the Junior Notebook looks too!

Has anyone started or purchased it? Impressions?

Where did you see the jr notebook?

There are people on the yahoo group who have started using it, but it is so new they aren't very far into it.

Is there a lab kit out yet?  They're a must for me.

Not yet, it's too new.

We have the textbook and have read through the first eight pages or so. Still waiting to get the journal. So far it's been a big hit with us. My son LOVES to do all the "Try This" experiments, of which there are a LOT. My son has already read through large portions of the book on his own. It's another winner, as far as I'm concerned.

Guest superrosesmom

I'm super excited about these books! I've already bought the text. We will be doing them after we finish up botany. I love all the hands on experiments -- many of the experiments are things I've bookmarked or pinned as stuff I wanted to do with the kids anyway.