Menu

what Bible Curr are you using (kindy and 2nd)

momma aimee

I was set on http://www.clp.org/store/by_course/17 from Sonlight, but now i am not sure.  Maybe something a bit more academic?  they have both been though the "days of creation, let's color the pictures  stuff a few times now -- I know i can't do anything too complex, but maybe something a bit more challenging?

I am not sure yet

thoughts?  What are doing?  

I have The Big Bible Timeline that I saw in a Veritas Press catalog. We are doing that for a half hour on Mondays along with Story of the World Ancients on Tuesday and Wednesday. So we do the pages and read the stories that go along with the History that we are doing the next day. They learn the bible stories in order. We are playing a game every couple weeks to put the timeline in order for review. It also has stories on the timeline that are not commonly taught at church which I like.

I also have a K'er and 2nd grader coming up.

We used CLE last year (and liked it well enough).  I was a little tired of Old Test. Bible stories, so we're jumping into the NT.  We're going to use The Life of Jesus from Notgrass.  It has a Bible passage & drawing activity to go with it.  I'm not sure if it'll be too much... I guess we'll see.

We using the Picture Smart Bible and Journey through the Bible for a family study, then the two youngest boys are using Telling God's Story. I think I'm also going to add in the What's in the Bible videos. We never do anything academic for Bible study. Instead, when they get old enough, they start going through some of the Precept Bible studies.