Menu

Affinity Cellular from AAA

carriede

Does anyone have any experience with Affinity Cellular from AAA? It's a members only discount cell phone program that DH and I are looking into.

We currently have the LOWEST plan with Verizon and don't even use half of our minutes. Switching would save us about half our monthly bill. We only use our phones for making calls and occasional texting (10ish texts a month).

Nothing against Verizon. We just hate paying for minutes we don't use.

ETA: I have searched for reviews, but there aren't many. And the company hasn't paid for BBB accreditation.

I have a "family plan" with my ds through Sienna, which is a provider for Verizon - we pay $19.95/mo for 150 shared minutes (rollover), and texts are an additional 10 cents each. I don't know if that's a better deal than what you currently have but it was the cheapest I found for 2 phones. As I said, they do use Verizon so you should be able to keep your old phones if you want and port over your numbers easily. I've had a good experience with their customer service, and they are pay-as-you-go with no contract. :thumbup:

They are a pro-life group that donates a percentage of your phone bill to your choice of charity each month, if that influences you one way or the other.  Sienna Cell Phone Plans

Guest DLPRES

Hi Affinity has been in business for 1 year offering discounted service exclusively to AAA members. Affinity buys airtime in bulk from verizon and sells the minutes back to members at a discounted rate. Being a member of AAA you know that they would never be affiliated with a company that does not share the same values on customer service and total member satisfaction. There are no contracts or termination fees. Affinity also offers free calls to AAA and Affinity's rates are better than Consumer Cellulars rates. Please let me know if you have anymore questions. I will be happy to give you more information. 

• 1 month later...
Guest MojaveMama

DL Pres, I thank you for your post. My husband and I do not have smart phones, nor can we really afford them or the data plans. We don't use many talk minutes. I mainly text, and my current family plan with Sprint always has me running over about $50 each month. My husband does not text. We are both long time AAA members and wonder if Affinity would work for us. I would greatly appreciate any information you can share. Thank you for offering to help with more information! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi if you are looking to share plans you and your husband can share 500 minutes for only $30 per month or you could share 150 minutes for only $25 per month. You can get a free flip phone for your husband and you can get a keyboard phone for $29.99 which is much easier to text on. Text plans start at a dollar a month for 50 texts. You can really make your plan based on what you will actually use. Your bill will be much lower than the $50 you are paying with Sprint. There are no contracts or termination fees you can change your plan based on your usage. You can also keep your same numbers for your new phones. I hope this helps. If you have more questions just let me know.......

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Wylie Williams

We have two phones from Affinity. The service is good and the price is right.  The customer service is amazingly bad. I dropped a phone and broke it, then requested that calls to that number be forwarded to the other phone till the replacemnt arrived.  That never happened. What happened was that the service to the second phone was discontinued and its number reassigned to the pool of numbers.  The replacement phone. It arrived and they set up programming to activate it with its original number. 

The next day we were called on the second phone by a customer service agent who explained that the number for the broken phone had been assigned to the second phone, and gave us a new number for the new  phone. 

In all we made  four phone calls to "customer service" and on those calls each representative gave the impression of trying very hard, and spoke English well though Spanish was clearly their first language. The results showed they are not well trained. The representative who called us was fully competent and made everything all right. 

Other companies have proved that call centers have been run overseas with excellent quality.  Affinity needs to find out how this is done.