Menu

Scanning and planning - anyone else "working" today?

It is raining, I have a bunch of other stuff to do, but I actually felt like doing some of my scanning today so I am. Then I will play, "sort the PDF pages" and ready them for print or iPad.

I haven't decided that part....

I guess that makes the planning aspect of the day currently mental, so does that count as exercise and I can have another cookie?? :p

The table behind me needs to be cleared - so I should work on that while the scanner plugs away.

Anyway, anyone doing anything "Fun" today?????? :D

Well, we already started back to school this week, but it's a 'soft start' so I'm still in planning mode for many subjects.  I just finished finalizing the last of the purchases I need to make and now I'm going to sit down and start planning out and writing a syllabus for dd15's Western Civ.  I'm cobbling together 4 resources for it so that should be fun.  :glare:

Luckily, dh took ds7 to a movie, dd10 is at a friends for the weekend and the two oldest girls have a friend over so their sealed away in their room.  Dd4 is doing her playdough thing, which occupies her for hours, so at least I have no distractions...other than getting on here.  :001_rolleyes:

I've been printing, punching, binding, laminating, filing, cutting. Organizing PDFs and sorting audio files.

The kids aren't nearly as motivated as I am :-)

I don't think *I'm* as motivated as you are!!!! :p

I have guilt about the other stuff I should be doing. Sorta. What I am doing has been on my list for 3 weeks, and what I should be doing was added this week on someone else's schedule. It impacts me enough that I have no choice but to put my stuff on hold and deal with it.... except today no one is here reminding me about it all day. SO, I can avoid.

I have tons to type, but i'm not excited about that since I have been fighting some wrist pain.

ANYWAY, back to work!

I'm waiting another week - I really need a new toner for the printer before I print much. No point in printing a year's worth of washed out pages. I'm still trying to decide on weekly folders/booklets/binders, and I have "Norms & Nobility", "Teach Your Children Shakespeare", and "Composition in the Classical Tradition" to make sense of. I think I need to start drinking coffee.

I'm intentionally not reconnecting my printer to the network today.... then I will decide to print and skip the scanning I must do!

Can you print the PDFs to your computer, then print them?

DD is watching the Disney Science DVDs that showed up yesterday. Again. THis is time two already!! :D

I'm waiting another week - I really need a new toner for the printer before I print much. No point in printing a year's worth of washed out pages.

BTDT.... yup, better wait!

I'm still trying to decide on weekly folders/booklets/binders, and I have "Norms & Nobility", "Teach Your Children Shakespeare", and "Composition in the Classical Tradition" to make sense of.

I'm still pondering the exact way of doing DD2s notebooks. I think I have reached the point of doing it all on paper and saving digital for later in the year....

I think I need to start drinking coffee.

This could help me too - I did treat myself to a real cup of coke today. Well, it was really for the stupid weather induced sinus headache I woke up with... but I"m hoping to get about 4-5 more hours of "stuff" done tonight.

Last night I tore off binding of five workbooks, cut off the edges, 3-hole punched them, put dates in the corner and separated them into trimesters in my dd's binder.  I also worked on creating dd5's handwriting worksheets on Startwrite and ordered a few more books on amazon.  Oh, and dropped by Office Depot and spent a fortune on supplies.  This morning I hole-punched 600 flashcards and put them on rings, scheduled out a few more subjects for the year, printed dd7's math and dated it and hole punched it, and began working on our timeline.

The work is never-ending!  I only have one more week before we begin school!!! :willy_nilly:

Hmmm, that reminds me - the kids didn't seem to find my Presidential Penmanship disk when they emptied that room. Dang it!

I keep resisting cutting off the edges myself - I want to take them and have them done, or use the libraries trimmer. Meanwhile, I have a stack that needs the bindings cut! :p

I have a feeling most of my time will be spent figuring out Windows 8. :banghead:

HA. I'm a Mac.

BUT, I like Windows 8 when I have played with it - my boyfriend tells me I am nuts! :p

Except, the other night at Best Buy I couldn't get back to the other window in Explorer :wacko: