Menu

How do you organize and use **stuff**??

We're slowly getting things put away in our new house. I have clear plastic boxes for all the school stuff (human body puzzle, president flashcards, maps, etc.) and all the boxes are put away in a closet. BUT, I know me well enough to know that I will forget about the human body puzzle when we're studying the human body. I'll find it at the end of the year and kick myself. What do I do?? Would EverNote help?? I keep seeing the name come up but I'm a paper-and-pencil gal so I haven't jumped in yet.

Put a Post-it note in the teacher manual or whatever you are using to introduce or teach that topic to remind yourself to pull it out of the closet.

I'm looking for the step before that. When I'm planning on studying the human body, without going through all the boxes, how do I remember what I have? Tape a list to the closet door?

I'd tape a list to the closet door and label what it is in the boxes carefully. When you are planning, make a checklist of your planning steps that includes checking your supplies in that closet. If you want to tinker with Evernote, go ahead but I think you should work within the framework you are comfortable.

At the start of the year, when I know what we are studying say life science, I go through all my school stuff and pull all the life science stuff out, I put them all on the bookshelf and they are available for me to grab. This year, we are studying medieval history so I have all my medieval books and stuff out on one level so I can grab it when we get there. I have a level on the bookshelf that is just for what we are studying each semester so that helps.

Can you just create a master list in excel...or on paper...with all of your "stuff" catagorized by subject/topic? When you are planning your subjects check your list, copy and paste your resources to a document, print it, laminate it and use it as your bookmark in your spine, text, teachers manual,or whatever it is that you pull out and refer to each time you do that subject.