Menu

Well Panned Day Planner that isn't M-F?

Mynyel

We don't do the traditional M-F. We prefer to have our weekends during the middle of the week. Most planners I have seen are always M-F as is the case with WPD planner.

Is there a planner like the WPD planner that doesn't rely on a M-F schedule?

We school following the calendar year and not the typical American school year, plus it is not unusual for us to school on the weekends.

After three years of searching for a pre-made planner, I broke down and made my own. I used Donna Young's website for ideas. Some of her planners are templates that can be easily tailored for your own needs.

I have used my planner for three years now, tweaking it after the first year. This is my second year using my own planner and I love it.

Vent: I really wish the homeschool market wasn't so public school driven in areas like this.

I really like the WPD planner. But, it encourages my children to think learning only happens M-F especially my Aspie.

My husband has a rotating schedule so our life doesn't.

I found it works better to just make my own lists and label them Day 1, Day 2, Day 3. Keeps the kids on track. They work ahead in one subject as well.

My bigges thing is I need a larger family one with all of us on one page. I need to see at a glance what everyone is up to. My older two are just not independent enough to keep their own.

DayRunner might have something like that. I know the planner I used to have wasn't homeschool specific, but the spaces for Saturday and Sunday were the same size as the other days of the week. I found mine at Staples but they are online too. And you can get the same planner in multiple sizes.