Menu

Teen Coder / Kid Coder computer programming

DD did both Kid Coder books and followed it up with several units (tracks) of the Code Academy. I had intended to use Teen Coder after Kid Coder but she was hitting some snags near the end of Kid Coder. DD says that if you get stuck with Code Academy, they offer enough help for you to figure it out. With Kid Coder, if you get stuck, there is no way to get unstuck.

Oldest ds (13) just completed the Kid Coder books. He absolutely loved them and can't wait for the HTML books to come out this summer. I don't know about high school credit for the Kid Coder as he just did them for fun. I can't really see giving high school credit for them without majorly beefing them up because he went through both of them in about 2 1/2 months. (It is his passion though!)

Maybe someone will chime in about credit for the Teen Coder. In the back of my head, I am planning on using the Teen Coders for 8th and 9th grade and then an AP Comp Sci in 10th grade. I have no BTDT experience though.