Menu

Good luck to test takers today!

Dd was surprised by a test addition to this....did any of your students mention this. There was the standard mathematics, reading, english, and science, but then there was also a mysterious "Test number five" and it wasn't the writing portion. DD said the questions were a lot more difficult than the regular ACT. She said the test administrator seemed puzzled by it too and finally said "I guess you can use a calculator if it includes math?" Does anyone know if this counts toward the score and what in the world it was? Dd said it was like the Science section only more difficult.

Dd was surprised by a test addition to this....did any of your students mention this. There was the standard mathematics, reading, english, and science, but then there was also a mysterious "Test number five" and it wasn't the writing portion. DD said the questions were a lot more difficult than the regular ACT. She said the test administrator seemed puzzled by it too and finally said "I guess you can use a calculator if it includes math?" Does anyone know if this counts toward the score and what in the world it was? Dd said it was like the Science section only more difficult.

My 2 kids were in different rooms b/c my 11th grader took it w/writing and my 8th grader took it w/o. My (8th) dd's room took the test. (11th) Ds's room didn't. The proctor in his room didn't know what it was and they had no space on their answer sheet for the section, so the proctor said they were just going to skip it.

It was mentioned somewhere, either on the site or on the practice booklet -- some kids would be asked to do a test to help them on some future test or something.

My son was frustrated during the regular part of the ACT because the science questions in the practice booklet were much easier than the test questions today, according to him.

Julie

It was mentioned somewhere, either on the site or on the practice booklet -- some kids would be asked to do a test to help them on some future test or something.

My son was frustrated during the regular part of the ACT because the science questions in the practice booklet were much easier than the test questions today, according to him.

Julie

My ds agrees with your ds about the science section. He came home and said that he bombed that section. He also said the selections were incredibly long compared to other ACT tests he has taken (real ACT tests, not practice.) Considering he reads slowly anyway, that was the death knell to his science score.

DD thought the math was easier then her practice tests and the science was slightly more difficult. She thought the reading and english were very similar to the practice. She gets so bored with the reading. She made a perfect score on the practice reading test. She re-read the entire reading section and checked her answers and still had to just sit and wait. :confused1:

Don't worry about the Mystery Test.

They just give that to some kids (the ones not taking the Writing portion)

sometimes, to test-drive new questions.

It does not affect your score in any way.

This is what I assumed and I told dd not to worry about it. She said it was like the Science portion only way, way more difficult. She was a little panicked until I told her it was probably just to see how much they can change future testing.

thanks