Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

I'm so glad that your MIL was found last night, Jean! Please be gentle with yourself today after last night's stress.

Today, I need to:

Reschedule a doctor appointment

Exchange a dress

Have maternity photo of dd enlarged

Assemble favor boxes for baby shower

Purchase wrapping paper

Make a diaper cake

Make reservations for dd17's graduation dinner

Call my mom

Make dinner

Update weekend to do list

Well, Jean, IMHO, I think you deserve the day off after yesterday! I hope you find your footing today. :grouphug:

I'm so glad that your MIL was found last night, Jean! Please be gentle with yourself today after last night's stress.

Thanks, you two. I might not have much choice. I'm sitting here. It is after 10 am and I cannot physically make myself get up to even get in the shower. Perhaps after I've had my meds I can get myself going at least at a limp. I'm not planning any marathons today. I hate my stupid fried adrenals.

Well, Jean, IMHO, I think you deserve the day off after yesterday! I hope you find your footing today. :grouphug:

Absolutely! You need a margarita delivered by a well oiled pool boy.

Done today:

B'fast

Swept the freaking kitchen

School

1 load of laundry

Sorted some books

Lunch

School

Post office (mailed and picked up packages)

Picked up scripts from pharmacy

Read about 20 books to Han Solo (mostly I made up something as he turned the pages faster than I could read)

Watched some TV with James Bond

Spent some time surfing the interwebs

Dinner (Indy is having a sleep over, so it was just pizza)

Finished my ff story and posted the last chapter (I'm glad to be done, but sad because I liked the story)

And I think that's it. I didn't do much, but whatever, it's Friday.

Up early. Mopped the kitchen at 7:30. Bathroom is half cleaned, but I still need to scrub the tub and re-hang the shower curtain that I washed this morning.

Left on errands at 8. Walmart clothing shopping (not too much fun, t shirts, socks and underclothes) and picking up a tire at the tire place that needed the tube patched. Thankfully, the kids were home for these errands and they were made more entertaining by my Agatha Christie audio book. :)

Back home at 10 til 10. Loaded the kids and got out the door to carry my daughter to a 4H event. She'll be back later this afternoon, so I will have to go back out to pick her up.

Supper...beef tips and rice in the crock pot.

To finish up:

Edit article that is due monday.

Scrub my shower

Move the hose so I can water the cows and shut them into the back pasture.

Milking sometime today.

Thankfully we got some rain so I don't have to water the garden that I planted this week.

Unfortunately, the STUPID dog dug up 4 of my cucumber hills and they will have to be replanted. GRRRR.... that DOG!

:lol: I think for that, you need to fly me somewhere where there is a pool and some sun to go with it!

Well, it's certainly NOT Germany. I have friends vacationing in Croatia right now and it's sunny and warm there. Feel up to that? If not, the all inclusive resorts in Sharm-el-Sheikh are quite nice this time of year.

Well, it's certainly NOT Germany. I have friends vacationing in Croatia right now and it's sunny and warm there. Feel up to that? If not, the all inclusive resorts in Sharm-el-Sheikh are quite nice this time of year.

While everyone loves a well oiled Pool Boy (in a sequined thong, thank you very much) - I miss Germany. And Germany is nice this time of year, from what I remember. I'm envious that you are there!!!

While everyone loves a well oiled Pool Boy (in a sequined thong, thank you very much) - I miss Germany. And Germany is nice this time of year, from what I remember. I'm envious that you are there!!!

Eeeeew eeeewww eeeewwwww ewwww! Not a sequined thong. That hurts to even think about!

I had to look up Sharm-el-sheikh, MIHH. Very nice!

1 pm. I am still unshowered and unclothed. But I am not running around naked or in a sequined thong. I am wearing my night t-shirt and my slightly bilious fluffy pale green robe. However, I have not been all about the bon-bons. I have washed a load of laundry - containing the black pants I want to wear today. They are currently in the dryer and when that beeps I will finally become presentable to the outer world. I also taught L.A. to dd11 who was not too distracted by her mom in dishabille.

Eeeeew eeeewww eeeewwwww ewwww! Not a sequined thong. That hurts to even think about!

I had to look up Sharm-el-sheikh, MIHH. Very nice!

1 pm. I am still unshowered and unclothed. But I am not running around naked or in a sequined thong. I am wearing my night t-shirt and my slightly bilious fluffy pale green robe. However, I have not been all about the bon-bons. I have washed a load of laundry - containing the black pants I want to wear today. They are currently in the dryer and when that beeps I will finally become presentable to the outer world. I also taught L.A. to dd11 who was not too distracted by her mom in dishabille.

Sorry for the visual, it's kinda a long standing joke that dh and I laugh about.

I've done nothing but try to keep ds8 and ds3 from killing each other. Then we went to the pool. Then we came home and ds3 fell asleep. (In between we received a load of gravel, did a load or two of laundry, did the dishes twice, made breakfast and lunch, washed the kitchen floor, insisted that some reading get done, and most importantly, made evil eyes at my neighbors!) Slow day.

Oh, I love Germany too. We've lived here a total of 11 year, though not all consecutively. This was the longest winter in over 50 years though, and it doesn't seem to want to let go. Our highs have been in the 50's for weeks (with 2 days in the 60's) and it's been crazy windy and rainy almost non stop. I am not a sun worshipper by any definition of the word, but even I am needing a bit of sun right now.

Oh, and no sequined thong. Ick.

Katherine - I'm all about comfort. And a sequined thong does not equal comfort!

3 pm report -

Dh came home early from work around 2 pm and was in shock at the sight of me still in my bathrobe. I was able to shower and dress shortly thereafter.

I did only 1 chapter of Life of Fred (we usually do 2) with dd11. But I get to cross math off of my list.

Dd made a loaf of chocolate peppermint bread for the potluck tonight.

I have the dishwasher emptied and now running with a new load of dirty dishes. The rest of the kitchen is still trashed. But I promised dd that I would take her down to our local chocolate shop for a treat so I'm going to make good on my promise.

I don't want to go out even for chocolate. That might give the discerning reader a clue as to exactly how horrible I feel at the moment.

Coming up for air as Friday is tackling me. All I can see now are sequined thongs... B)

What we've done:

3 loads of laundry, one of which had crayons in a cargo pant pocket. Immediately blamed the 5 yo, only to later discover it was the elder statesman. Sigh.

Called a new hire.

Emailed 3 people.

Called a student.

I practiced for 45 minutes.

Did school.

Swimming (Both boys were bonkers- the first day after a break is always depressing to me.)

Coming up:

More laundry (trying the old soak-it-in-hot-Borax on the crayon disaster load)

2 students

Print 3 more adoption dossier letters & get notarized when husband's home

Practice at least a few more hours after the boys are in bed. This may require wine. Too bad there's not such a thing as a "viola boy" with sequined parts.

Katherine - I'm all about comfort. And a sequined thong does not equal comfort!

3 pm report -

Dh came home early from work around 2 pm and was in shock at the sight of me still in my bathrobe. I was able to shower and dress shortly thereafter.

I did only 1 chapter of Life of Fred (we usually do 2) with dd11. But I get to cross math off of my list.

Dd made a loaf of chocolate peppermint bread for the potluck tonight.

I have the dishwasher emptied and now running with a new load of dirty dishes. The rest of the kitchen is still trashed. But I promised dd that I would take her down to our local chocolate shop for a treat so I'm going to make good on my promise.

I don't want to go out even for chocolate. That might give the discerning reader a clue as to exactly how horrible I feel at the moment.

I urgently need this recipe.

I have an addiction to chocolate and mint together.

A peppermint patty sends me over the moon, and don't even get me started on Andes Mints.

I beg you. Please share!

Well, Jean, I, too, have felt so bad that I haven't wanted to leave the house even for chocolate, so I know you must be having a really rough day. Hugs! I hope tomorrow is better. You did accomplish things, so you should definitely give yourself major points!

I've finished the diaper cake, bought the wrapping paper, exchanged the dress (had to do it through the mail - praying the new one arrives in time), made the reservations, rescheduled the appointment, "made" dinner (take out - ha ha), updated to do list.

I didn't get the photo enlarged or call my mom. There's always tomorrow, right? :)

Coming up:

More laundry Borax did not work on crayon.

2 students

Print 3 more adoption dossier letters & get notarized when husband's home

Practice at least a few more hours after the boys are in bed.

Drove 45 minutes to gawk at an 80-acre party way too far from everything for us to consider buying. We could see 4 mountains from the road in front of it and had a lovely time driving anyway.

Thanks again for these threads, Jean.

You're welcome, Viola. 80 acres with a view of 4 mountains sounds pretty cool!

We had a lovely time at a friend's house singing hymns and praise songs and sharing stories and food together. These people are all very special to us. They are very patient with my son who is learning to accompany us on guitar and tonight on a cajon drum. We had a big scare when I fell asleep driving for a couple of seconds. After that, every one had the job of making sure I was awake.