Menu

Sweet 16 gift ideas --- UPDATE

Swimtaxi234

My daughter turns 16 next weekend. I have a few little gifts for her, but I really want to give her a special gift ... something really Sweet 16'ish.

Of course, I don't have any ideas. HELP :D

Thank you so much for the ideas!

I wrote a love letter to my daughter AND we surprised her with a hot air balloon ride. It was too expensive for all 4 of us to go, so we decided to send my husband with her because of my chronic vertigo. My son and I chased the balloon the entire time and we had a blast too! We have been home for two hours now and my daughter is still glowing with happiness.

Sweet.jpg

I had 16 people of all ages (dd's friends, older people from church, family members, etc.) write a letter to her and put it in a lovely notebook for her to keep. It was precious watching her face as she read what others wrote to her.

I know that's not typical Sweet 16ish, but it was what I could do at the time.

I'm thinking about getting a charm bracelet (like pandora) with charms illustrating what dd has been or liked or done over the years. The charms are expensive. Some things I might look for are a birth stone, something symbolizing France (she speaks French), something for dance, etc. I thought I could get some charms at her birthday and add to it between then and graduation.

write a letter to her and put it in a lovely notebook for her to keep.

When my daughter was 4-months-old, I wrote her a love letter with my hopes and dreams for her future and my pledge to try my best. I shared it with her last weekend and we both cried. DUH to me! I should have saved it for her birthday.

My daughter turns 16 next weekend. I have a few little gifts for her, but I really want to give her a special gift ... something really Sweet 16'ish.

Of course, I don't have any ideas. HELP :D

Thank you so much for the ideas!

I wrote a love letter to my daughter AND we surprised her with a hot air balloon ride. It was too expensive for all 4 of us to go, so we decided to send my husband with her because of my chronic vertigo. My son and I chased the balloon the entire time and we had a blast too! We have been home for two hours now and my daughter is still glowing with happiness.

Sweet.jpg

Yeah!!!! I'm so glad she got to do that!!! My dh took just my son on his 16th too. They both look SO happy!!!