Menu

Olathe, KS/Kansas City, MO--restaurants and water park questions

Chelle in MO

Friends of ours are moving to Olathe, and I'd like to get them a gift card to a restaurant. I was thinking K.C. Masterpiece would be a good, local choice, but I see those are out of business. Can you recommend a place?

Also, is the Schlitterbahn fun? Our friends are young newlyweds w/out children. They like waterparks in general, but I don't know anything about that one.

Just thought of something else...is there a good farmers' market in/near Olathe? I'm putting together a gift basket and could include a gift card to the market, too.

Thanks!

Ditto prairiewindmomma. If I understand correctly, schlitterbahn isn't completely done yet. The part that is done is open, though. It may be completely done by now and I just haven't heard. There's a great go-kart racing place here that could be fun. Or about anywhere at The Legends. They have a Dave and Busters there. That would be a blast for a great date night. Eat some dinner. Play some games. I would suggest that. There are TONS of farmer's markets. My favorite is the overland park farmer's market, though. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Oklahoma Joes for sure. Spin Pizza is in Olathe too. You bring in your own wine and they will cork it for you.

Dave and busters is great like already mentioned.

The overland park market is the best in the area (my family sells there!)

Oklahoma Joe's!!

Schlitterbahn is fun; so is Worlds of Fun.

What a good friend you are!

Thanks! I'll have to see which park is closer to them. Well, maybe the distance won't really matter--I know KC isn't that big.

Ditto prairiewindmomma. If I understand correctly, schlitterbahn isn't completely done yet. The part that is done is open, though. It may be completely done by now and I just haven't heard. There's a great go-kart racing place here that could be fun. Or about anywhere at The Legends. They have a Dave and Busters there. That would be a blast for a great date night. Eat some dinner. Play some games. I would suggest that. There are TONS of farmer's markets. My favorite is the overland park farmer's market, though. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Hmmm...I'll check on the Schlitterbahn. Go-karting sounds like something they'd like! I've not heard of the Legends--I'll look it up. D&B is really fun! Thanks!

Oklahoma Joes for sure. Spin Pizza is in Olathe too. You bring in your own wine and they will cork it for you.

Definitely Oklahoma Joes if you are looking for bbq. Couldn't agree more.

OP farmer's market is my fave, too!!!

Cheekcake Factory, which is in Overland Park, so not far.

I don't know about the water parks.

Mmmmmm...sounds delicious! Good idea!

Is that market on Marty St.? Looks pretty close to Olathe. How fun that your family sells there!

O.k! I have an Oklahoma Joe's gift card headed my way! Already had a swim bag and beach towels for the waterpark, so now I need to decide on one of those...

How about an Ocean's of Fun/Worlds of Fun ticket? That way they can do the waterpark and rollercoasters.

How about an Ocean's of Fun/Worlds of Fun ticket? That way they can do the waterpark and rollercoasters.

I was just looking at prices for the different parks, and now I'm not sure I can include that. I wasn't thinking the tickets would be as much as they are. I'll have to see what I've spent already and make a decision.

It's $37 ea. for Schlitterbahn and $44 ea. for OoF/WoF.

ETA: I'm going to go for the Schlitterbahn tickets. I was hoping to put in more items, but I think those will be enough w/the other things.

So here's what I'll have:

beach bag

2 beach towels

Oklahoma Joe's gift card

2 Schlitterbahn tickets

That will be a little more than I spent on his brother and sister-in-law 3 years ago, but no one will notice, right???

Don't they pay people to go to Royals games, unless they're playing the Cardinals? ;-)

Kidding, but I have several friends in KC that go to several Royals games a year for a fraction of what we pay for Cards tickets. Not a water park, except for rain delays, but another KC-related thing to do.

Also, 5th or 8th-ing Oklahoma Joe's! Good stuff.

I was just looking at prices for the different parks, and now I'm not sure I can include that. I wasn't thinking the tickets would be as much as they are. I'll have to see what I've spent already and make a decision.

It's $37 ea. for Schlitterbahn and $44 ea. for OoF/WoF.

ETA: I'm going to go for the Schlitterbahn tickets. I was hoping to put in more items, but I think those will be enough w/the other things.

So here's what I'll have:

beach bag

2 beach towels

Oklahoma Joe's gift card

2 Schlitterbahn tickets

That will be a little more than I spent on his brother and sister-in-law 3 years ago, but no one will notice, right???

Sounds great to me! :) I wish we were friends, actually. lol