Menu

Art of Animation or Cabins at Ft Wilderness...

4kiddies

Is that the deal where you choose either free dining or 30% off the room rates? Go ask in the Disney social group... more of us Disney lovers will see your request! I haven't stayed at either...

Is that the deal where you choose either free dining or 30% off the room rates? Go ask in the Disney social group... more of us Disney lovers will see your request! I haven't stayed at either...

there is a social group? where?

We did the Cabins. I have very little Disney wisdom, but it worked well since it was dh, our two kids, and my mother. We also enjoyed the boat to Magic Kingdom and we did the big dinner show there, which was so dopey, but the kids loved it. But if you stay there, it felt like having a golf cart was kind of a must, so that's something to consider.

No choice....the cabins!! There is so much to do in the campground. Singalong and a movie each night outdoors with chip and sale....swimming....fishing....rent a canoe....walk a trail...watch the fireworks from Magic Kingdom on the beach....see the electrical water pageant....golf cart parades on holidays....planned kids activities....shuffleboard...playgrounds. Can you tell I love Ft Wilderness? Well be there in 10 days! Oh, and reserve a golf cart to ride around in! And go to Mickeys Backyard BBQ or the Hoop Dee Do while you are there....both are great!

I like the atmosphere of the campgrounds, but I really like the transportation from the AofA and Pop Century - much more direct IMO. Another thing about the suites at AofA is having that second bathroom; super nice when multiple folks are needing to get ready at the same time.

Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong either way. We are going to WDW in October (I HATE to miss out on free dining), and we are staying in AofA.

Dh and I debated the same, and if it came down to it, we'd pick the cabins. They're quieter, there is more to do (trails, boating, horses, archery), there's a character meal on property, and we get a porch. AoA, while it has great theming, is louder, more kid-oriented, and less privacy.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last time and it was wonderful. This time around, the cabins look to be our best bet if we go for a suite-like experience.