Menu

Not sure where to post and intro...

But Hi!:thumbup:

Pretty good intro of me in my siggy. :) Not new to forums, or WTM but new here. This is our 3rd year homeschooling and I've loosely followed WTM for guidelines on most things. Im venturing away some in History because i want to combine as much as possible and prefer a very literary approach. Couch time is special to us. Last year we tried Ambleside Online for history but decided it was not for us, preferring a spiral approach that would bring us back to time periods frequently. So this year we are adding sonlight to the regular mix. :) Exploring Creation is also new and another place we arent following WTM. Anyway, HI! I hate being a lurker and choose to jump right in with an intro so I can ask Q's and talk right away with out feeling weird..

Thanks for listening!

Vicki

Pretty good intro of me in my siggy. :) Not new to forums, or WTM but new here. This is our 3rd year homeschooling and I've loosely followed WTM for guidelines on most things. Im venturing away some in History because i want to combine as much as possible and prefer a very literary approach. Couch time is special to us. Last year we tried Ambleside Online for history but decided it was not for us, preferring a spiral approach that would bring us back to time periods frequently. So this year we are adding sonlight to the regular mix. :) Exploring Creation is also new and another place we arent following WTM. Anyway, HI! I hate being a lurker and choose to jump right in with an intro so I can ask Q's and talk right away with out feeling weird..

Thanks for listening!

Vicki

Welcome to the boards. Glad you're here.

Thanks for listening!

Vicki

Glad you've joined us. This is a great group with lots to share. THIRD year homeschooling? Your oldest is only seven if I read your signature correctly. You might want to lighten up just a bit - whether you plan on homeschooling for several years or through high school, it's a long journey. If it's fun, by all means do it, just make sure it's not just fun for you.

As someone who as btdt, I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to just enjoy your "short people." REALLY. Trust your instincts is the best thing I can tell you. As a mom to kids nearly finished with school, I would add that the biggest learning occurs from middle school and up. Not that they don't need to learn the basics, just take it slow and HAVE FUN.

Thanks for listening!

Vicki

Welcome!!!!!! Ask away!!:001_smile: