Menu

I'm just learning about Chalk Paint (and wax)-do they sell this locally? Walmart, Home Depot, etc?

HappyGrace

The stuff you see online on the blogs for repainting furniture w/ a distressed look. I'm so excited to try this! Do they sell it at local big box stores? Especially Walmart? (where I know it would be cheapest) Are the other brands besides Annie Sloan ok?

Also, I'd just need the paint, a brush, the "soft wax" and a wax brush, right? Can I just get a fairly inexpensive wax brush? Do I need anything else?

Any other tips? I did watch a tutorial.

IIRC, Annie Sloan has a search feature on her website to find the nearest retailer.

There was one retailer in my area, and it was a small shabby chic type furniture shop. I decided not to try it due to the price, until I get more experience with painting furniture. It looks really cool though.

there is a place near me that sells it, I'm in Ca. Don't totally take my word, but I was browsing around and I thought I read a short snippet saying that Annie Sloan had copyrighted the name chalk paint....so, if that is true, you might have better luck finding the same kind of paint under a different term....but my brain can't figure out what kind of term would be equivalent.

Well, one lady has something called "milk paint" (Miss Mustard Seed) but I'd like to stick to the tried and true chalk paint that is popular on the blogs.

I had checked the site-no retailers near me. Shoot, I guess I'll have to buy it online. It is $$. I'm hoping the sample will be enough for the piece I am doing.

• 7 months later...