Menu

Laminator question

I think I'm going to get a laminator. Questions:

1) I can put multiple small cards in one pouch, right, and then just cut them apart pretty easily?

2) Do home-laminated pages work well with dry erase markers, to reuse practice sheets for my preschooler? I haven't been very impressed with using page protectors for that purpose; they just seem to crumple and wrinkle too easily.

Oooh! Do tell!

Which one??

This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Laminator-Includes-Laminating-TL901SC/dp/B003GQ2RJM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367701818&sr=8-4&keywords=scotch+laminator

That one comes with 20 pouches to get you started. I bought the Universal brand pouches from Amazon, and they have worked just as well as the 3M pouches did. I have noticed no difference.

There's a newer model that is $10 cheaper and still comes with pouches. I don't know if it's as good as the old one or not:

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Laminator-Includes-Assorted-TL902E/dp/B008587M7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367701924&sr=8-2&keywords=scotch+laminator

We buy our pouches from Sam's Club. I don't remember the price, but it came with A TON of pouches. We haven't gone through a whole pack in a year, which is saying something! So check Sam's or Costco or equivalent if you have one.

I picked up one at BJ's today, and wow, that's cool. I'm easily impressed, I guess. Now I'm looking for what else I can laminate. :) My 4yo is convinced that the machine is his, because I told him I wanted to make a little calendar for him to put dates and such on. He's going to love the little activities I'm printed out for him to try.