Menu

Winter Promise Quest for the Middle Ages -- complaints about this program?

Shellydon

Haven't used it, but I can tell you I loved MOH 2, and it's a main resource for this WP program. I think most of the resources are very good--but remember the perspective. If you are ok with lots of church history, you'll prob like it.

The one quibble I have heard with WP is that the scheduling is a bit all-over-the-place, sort of in bits and pieces. I mean, they apparently are not super-sequential thinkers, and it comes thru in their scheduling.

(But basically just bumping for you.)

The scheduling for QAW (and likely QMA) is sequential by region, not sequential by chronology. For example, in QAW they do a unit on Israel, one on Egypt, one on Greece, Rome, etc... This is to make the hands on activities flow more smoothly. (Unless that feature has been changed in revision).

The scheduling for QAW (and likely QMA) is sequential by region, not sequential by chronology. For example, in QAW they do a unit on Israel, one on Egypt, one on Greece, Rome, etc... This is to make the hands on activities flow more smoothly. (Unless that feature has been changed in revision).

Thanks!

we did QMA about 4 years ago. We did not enjoy it as much I thought we would looking at the program in the catalog. We didn't end up liking several of the books (and my kids LOVE to read). We also didn't care for the hands on projects. It's been a while now, so I honestly don't remember specifically which things didn't work for us, but I know I definitely decided not to use them again after that year. FWIW. They also may have changed a bunch in 4 years :)

Jen

I used QMA several years ago, also. There was one point when we were reading books that took place 1,000 years apart. I thought the purpose was to group things together. I''m sorry I don't recall all of the details, but we used it in its entirety and were disappointed in the book choices (fine, but nothing special) and how expensive the guide was for how helpful it was. I thought I would find WP a perfect fit for us. We had used MOH and I love some hands on and lots of reading. That just wasn't the case.

One option is to use MOH and add some readers and projects.

We used Sonlight G and H and were very happy with the book choices.

Well dang. Sonlight doesn't have anything that uses MOH, or I'd choose them. I tried Biblioplan and it just didn't work for us. Sigh.

I've used MOH along with Sonlight--just use it in place of their spine texts and use the other great books. Here are some blog entries I've done on using MOH and Sonlight. Might be worth considering--we enjoy the combo! Merry :-)