Menu

This could only happen to me...

mamajag

I test drove the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna today. While on the test drive for the Odyssey all of a sudden I lost all power and it started slowing down. We ran out of gas on the test drive! :lol: I felt so bad for the salesman but DH and I couldn't stop laughing. To top it all off they gave the guy from the dealership the wrong info on where we were so we were stuck on the side of the road for over an hour.

We're in talks to buy the Odyssey, but the dealership is majorly embarrassed over it. It had 3 miles on it when I took it for a test drive, so apparently they never put gas in it when they took it off the truck. :glare:

That's hilarious! Well, the running out of gas and 'oops we forgot to put gas in it' part. Not so much the being stuck for an hour part.

We are needing to upgrade our vehicle (fourth child on the way) and I was all excited when my husband said he wanted to look at a Honda Odyssey. I never thought he'd go for a mini-van without some persuasion. Then I found out that in Australia the Honda Odyssey is...a station wagon. Sigh. I'm still working on the mini-van angle. Three months till baby. ;)

My dh recently took a used car to get inspected by our mechanic. On the way back to the dealer the engine temp pegged. He ended up having to leave the car on the side of the highway for the dealer to retrieve and I had to drive out to pick him up. I guess I should be glad we weren't both stuck out there. (Oh, and our mechanic did spot the problem so the car was a no-go anyway.)

Running out of gas? How embarrassing! But now your car has a funny story to go with it. :D