Menu

Logic of English anyone?

I have been looking at this for some time and I am to where I am strongly considering purchasing it. Has anyone successfully used it with dyslexic(mild to moderate) children?

Would you be willing to share your experience with it both good and bad?

Blessings,

Sandy

Sandy, I think there are more posts about LOE on the K-8 board. You might try searching there. Also, have you watched the teacher training videos?

I'm in the "considering" stage too, so I don't have any advice based on experience.

Sandy, I think there are more posts about LOE on the K-8 board. You might try searching there. Also, have you watched the teacher training videos?

I'm in the "considering" stage too, so I don't have any advice based on experience.

Thanks, I will look there.

I'm finishing up our first full year with Logic of English. I have absolutely loved it. However, my children do not have dyslexia. I did want to mention that Logic of English has forums, and you might want to post your question there. You'll have a larger base of people who use it to ask :o)

I had a slow reader (I don't know if she had true dyslexia). She is a logic learner and has a straight learning "curve" so it took a long time of teaching for her to make any real gains. After the first five lessons of LOE it all sort of "clicked" and along with reading eggs, she is now at her grade level.

I sort of stopped using it but will pick it up as a family again this summer for all my children as a spelling program. She was a little lower than the rest (of the children) with the lessons and I felt that letting her be at her own pace (alone without the others waiting on her) was better for her self confidence. So we quit LOE and just did reading eggs and readers this year. Now I think that she will be able to keep up with the others for the spelling lessons.

I really credit LOE for making things click for her---- we did the flash cards daily as a family for about 6 weeks when all of a sudden, she was sounding things out and reading on her own (instead of me forcing the issue).

BTW we had tried OPGTTR and progressive phonics prior to LOE---- I think they were fine, but for her, the LOE was the final piece of the puzzle.

I have 2 struggling readers, and just found out about LOE too. I bought Doodling Dragons for my 3 and 5 year old sons.

It is working out great for us and we are using it for spelling and cursive as well

The only bad thing for me is that I did not find it sooner and the phonics program has just been released. I wish I had been able to use this 13 years ago!

• 2 weeks later...