Menu

Just a little PSA...

Be sure to ask about ALL of the services your public library provides. I just discovered that I have free access to Grolier Online through my library and I can access it from home through the library website. Finding this out made me investigate what other library card benefits I hadn't been using. I found out that my library also offers Universal Class non-credit continuing education courses accessible from home. There are computer, art, and writing classes held there throughout the week for nominal participation fees as well. They also loan ebooks and digital audiobooks. So, be sure to check and see what your library offers. A library card can include more benefits than just being able to check out books.

I agree. We used Hooked On Phonics from the library when DD was younger, and I love checking out ebooks because you can't run up fines; they just delete themselves. Our area libraries also have museum passes to area museums available to check out. These are limited, but it's always exciting and we couldn't afford the museums without them.

So true! Our library has telescopes, almost all of the Great Courses, and a variety of Kindles/Nooks available for loan, and a neighboring town's library has an entire room full of shaped cake pans that you can check out.

I love my library!

Ours has absolutely free one-on-one online tutoring. We have been online every single day this week for algebra, lol - there is always that one problem that trips you up.

They tutor all subjects, all levels. You can also submit a paper for feedback; I'm going to try that next.

I love our library. I can reserve the computer lab or the study rooms (they have singles or one with 4 computers, tables or couches) They also let you print 75 pages in b&w or color for free each week (per card and we have lots of cards lol)

I also just found out we can barrow laptops for 5 days but they charge $50 per day if you are late with them. That is a little steep.