Menu

Different year .. different weather ...

Luanne

Last year in April, it was in the 80s here already which is way too warm for April. This year, well, we are expecting more snow and rain pretty much every day for the next week. We are lucky to see 50. One night last week I got up to use the restroom and it was 10 degrees outside. That is cold for April. I don't know which is worse, too warm or too much snow in April. Honestly, I think I am ready for the warm and no more snow.

Last year were had the really warm temps and this year we haven't hit 60 year and are running 15-20 degrees below normal. Today was 34 with lots of rain and wind. Snow/ice/freezing rain/rain is in the forecast.

This week alone we have gotten 4-5 inches of rain and last summer we had under 1 inch for June, July and August.

We just moved to CO. The weather is insane here.

It really is, isn't it? When I was working at Wal-Mart ... even in July, I would take a jacket to work with me. I never knew what to expect and sometimes I actually had to use it. The weather here is definitely unpredictable.

I'm just hoping for weather less conducive to fires this year....

That is for sure. They were really bad here in Colorado last year. We've already had one this year not too far from us. It was caused by an electric fence.