Menu

K12 lit?

mo2

If you want the actual course, I found teacher manuals and student workbooks used on Amazon. We are using the 3rd grade set this year and my dd9 really enjoys it. She begged me to get the grade 4 set for next year.

Good to know. Thank you.

Is it just the Classics for Young Readers, or does the course use other books as well?

You have to check the specific level course you are interested in and look at the materials list to see if they list something in addition to the Classics for Young Readers. For example, the 5th grade course had an additional 1 or 2 books that may have been optional (can't recall now). One was a k12 version of Don Quixote. Another was a k12 collection of American short stories. I got both, as well as the Teacher pages from Amazon. We didn't use the student pages as I mainly used the teacher pages as a discussion guide. HTH.

I keep seeing it mentioned, but I can't find it on the K12 site. I only find Intermediate English A. Can you buy just the literature portion of the course?

The teacher and student guides for the Classics for Young Readers books are called "English: Intermediate Literature" A (grade 6) & B (grade 7), if you're interested. Like a previous poster, I just got the teacher guide as a discussion guide. DS reads the stories in the CYR books and then we talk about them, no written output for us yet. He has really enjoyed the stories in book 6 and our guided discussions.

We are loving K12's lit and history (Human Odyssey). I'm so glad we tried them.