Menu

Grammar to finish off grammar....

Dd12 will be 8th grade this next year and I want to do a good rigorous year of grammar with her. I am hoping this will be all for grammar aside from review, from time to time. I want to use the highschool years to concentrate on literature and writing. Last year she did Winston Grammar basic. She did well with it and learned alot. I have looked at the Advanced level but not sure it covers everything. I have looked at AG but not sure if she would tolerate it. She is an out of the box thinker and bores easily. What is everyone else using???

My VERY VSL, out of the box thinker is finishing up with AG the first part of next year. I was actually very surprised at how well she has taken to it considering that many programs before it were total flops for her. I think it was the fact that it got right to the point; it was very concise, and she knew the routine for each day. AND there was a light at the end of the tunnel. She knew that there were only so many weeks of grammar, so many weeks of phrases\clauses\usage, and so many weeks of punctuation, then she was "DONE with grammar instruction FOREVER!" (her words, not mine ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Dd12 will be 8th grade this next year and I want to do a good rigorous year of grammar with her. I am hoping this will be all for grammar aside from review, from time to time. I want to use the highschool years to concentrate on literature and writing. Last year she did Winston Grammar basic. She did well with it and learned alot. I have looked at the Advanced level but not sure it covers everything. I have looked at AG but not sure if she would tolerate it. She is an out of the box thinker and bores easily. What is everyone else using???

My son is in 7th grade and we have done AG seasons 1 & 2 this year (with the reinforcement exercises in between). We will do AG season 3 next fall and be done.

I wasn't sure how much son would like AG as he usually bores easily too. However, the lessons are short and to the point, which he likes. He has done really well with grammar this year. AG has been a good way to wrap up grammar for us.

Kim

• 2 weeks later...