Menu

I need veggie dip recipes

Truscifi

Not hummus. I like hummus, I make hummus, lots of variations on hummus, but sometimes I just don't want more hummus.

So bring on your best veggie dip recipes. I lean low carb(ish) and am perpetually below my protein goals, so if they have protein and no sugar that would be great. But really, I don't eat much at a time and it would only be for an occasional break to have something different, so I'm okay with it not being the healthiest thing ever.

TIA!

I make a great spinach dip, it is an envelope of lipton veggie soup mix, 10 oz box of frozen spinach thawed and drained, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup mayonaise. It gets eaten up pretty quick! You can adjust the sourcream/mayo to your liking. Also, I have substituted tart homemade yogurt (w/o sugar) for the sour cream and nobody noticed.

You can replace sour cream with Greek yogurt or blend/purée 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice. That would add a little more protein to a creamy dip like spinach dip or caramelized onion dip or green goddess. :)

Spinach dip: Knorr vegetable soup mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup mayo, 1 box spinach (thawed and squeezed dry), 1 can sliced water chestnuts, green onions if desired.

Best onion dip ever:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/pan-fried-onion-dip-recipe/index.html

Guacamole

I love this dip from Smitten Kitchen:

White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Dip

Tired of dips that were nothing but cream and egregious amounts of dairy fat, and bored by all of the white bean dips out there that were nothing but bean-swapped hummus, this has got to be one of the first recipes I ever created. Low-fat and or fat-free cream cheese work equally well in here, as does goat cheese or mascarpone. A sprinkle of chives makes it even prettier, but it will disappear quickly, with or without them.

1 15-ounce can of white cannelini or navy beans, drained and rinsed

1 small jar roasted red peppers, or about 1 cup, drained

3 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 clove garlic, minced

Juice from half a lemon

Salt and pepper to taste

Puree everything in a food processor until smooth. Bachelors, your margarita blender will work, too.

Serve with baked pita chips.

So, what I'm getting is that you don't want more hummus? :rofl:

We love all kinds of dip!

Ranch/dill dip

1 container of sour cream

Dry ranch dressing mix

Dill

Mix them all together and serve. I can't give you amounts because just mix and add until I think it tastes good. Indy likes a lot of dill, so I add extra.

If you don't want to use dry ranch mix, you can use parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, pepper and dill. Mix until it tastes the way you want it.

We also like spinach/artichoke dip, hot or cold, though the cold is better for veggies and hot for tortilla or pita chips.

Cold spinach dip

sour cream

1 can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped

1 pkg of cut spinach drained and squeezed of excess water (I find it easier to drain the water in I cook it in the microwave for about 2 mins)

1 c mayo (I use plain yogurt or just double the sour cream because I loathe mayo)

1 pkg ranch dressing (or the recipe above)

Dill

Mix it all together and try to keep everyone from eating it before you get it to the table. Yummy!