Menu

5 weeks pregnant and I have the flu :(

maddykate

Some of you may remember my worries about my dd11 and trying to decide to take her to the doc. I did take her and she had a virus (the doctor said it could be the flu but either way, the treatment is rest, lots of fluid, and Tylenol). So, now, that virus has passed through us all. Shakes, fever, chills, all of it. It is terrible. I have been pushing the vitamins for us all and I have tried very hard to stay on top of the fever with regular Tylenol, but I am so worried about the little baby I am carrying. Please tell me that he/she will be fine and is not affected by this illness.

:grouphug: I had a horrible stomach virus when I was six weeks pregnant. I vomited violently, and could not keep anything down for two days. I rested a lot, but was concerned about my baby like you are.

That little baby is now 7yo. :D

I hope you feel better soon, and congratulations!

I know you are worried. But, just do everything you can to rest, drink plenty of fluids, and keep the fever down. Get someone to make you some home made warm chicken broth. I was so sick at the beginning of my pregnancy with our new baby girl. I kept calling the doctor and the nurses would remind me that she was in the safest place she could be. And she was building up great immunities. Keep us posted on how you are feeling. So sorry you are going through this.

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate the kind words and reassurances. I am starting to feel slightly better (I can climb up the stairs without having to lay on the floor at the top, at least, so that is improvement :) ). All of our girls are feeling better, too and seem to be snapping back from this much faster than I am. No one is running fever anymore, but the cough and weakness is lingering for us all.

I am feeling calmer now about the baby. I am just such a worrier about these things. My dh is working out of state right now and when I spoke to him today, he reminded me that I had a similar illness with our oldest and alas, she is perfect :). So, I have to let the fear go and believe that everything is okay.

Thanks again to you all!

I was very sick when I was 6 weeks pg. I had a fever of around 103 for a few days. The first day I didn't want to take anything because I afraid to take meds. The second day I called my midwife and she scolded me for not taking something to keep the fever down. At least you've been doing that. :o

My baby was fine. :)