Menu

Using A History of US alongside SOTW

mo2

Has anyone used the two together? I want to use History of US for our American History, but am not sure when to use it. Would you do it alongside vol 4 of SOTW, or would you do a year of American History after finishing SOTW? This will not be for a few years, but I'm trying to figure out a semi-plan for K through 8 just so I can feel a bit more prepared.

Has anyone used the two together? I want to use History of US for our American History, but am not sure when to use it. Would you do it alongside vol 4 of SOTW, or would you do a year of American History after finishing SOTW? This will not be for a few years, but I'm trying to figure out a semi-plan for K through 8 just so I can feel a bit more prepared.

I've been interspersing History of US with SOTW 3 (there is some that overlaps with SOTW 1 and 2, but not much), using the schedule posted here. There's another schedule on the same website for SOTW 4 and History of US but we've not gotten there yet.... It does slow us down quite a bit, but part of that is that we have a lot of other things we're adding in now too -- you could still get it done in maybe a year or a year-and-a-half depending on your scheduling...

I used only a few chapters of book 1 with ancient history. I think they were chapters 1-5 and 10. The rest of that book was covered during medieval history, with SOTW II. Books 2-5 were used with the early modern period. Books 6-10 were used along with modern history. The Sourcebook contains primary documents that may be used along with the readings in the books, too.

Regena

I'm planning to using Biblioplan year 3 with SOTW 3 next year and I know it schedules History of Us (I want to say volumes 2-5 for year 3 and later volumes for year 4). So that's another option for a schedule, and another example of other people who also thought it a good idea to combine the two.

I'm planning to using Biblioplan year 3 with SOTW 3 next year and I know it schedules History of Us (I want to say volumes 2-5 for year 3 and later volumes for year 4). So that's another option for a schedule, and another example of other people who also thought it a good idea to combine the two.

we're using this right now.. really really liking it...