Menu

My Student Logbook 2013-2014

PollyOR

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say I ordered these, and the lady is wonderful.

She is willing to customize to your needs. I've heard of people just wanting them sent looseleaf so they can add extra pages, and I myself asked for a few custom details.

I had the dates & days removed from the weekly pages. I have found we don't go we'll when something is pre-dated, there ends up being a lot of blank space from holidays and me just plain getting annoyed at the planners (How dare you presume I will be schooling on Tuesday but not on Sat......LOL!)

I plan to use it as follows:

- Write down on the page the date started, and once all checked, day completed

- Possibly write down lesson numbers in boxes so I know where I am upto with that child.

- They have the responsibility of checking the box off (I will have a simple picture/symbol in the moving list to let them know what it is, and if not putting down lesson numbers, I will tell them how many boxes of that one to check off (sometimes we'll do a couple or all the lessons for that subject that week in one day, it depends on whats going on)

- Opposite page is blank (half gets covered if you move a new checklist to the following week).Two of my kids have diabetes, and one has SN, so I use my filofax to hold all that jargon. The blank filofax papers will be paperclipped to that blank page for the week, and for the diabetes children, they, themselves, can right/copy down their levels, insulin, plus note down their day (smiley for fine, neutral for so-so, sad face for sick day). My sons paper will help me note down achievements, delays, emotions, tantrums, etc. All the little bits I need to collect on him for the week. At the end of the week, these get removed, any odd readings (or things I have to talk about with doctors) post-it-noted, and filed into my filofax (which goes everywhere with me).

-Once notes filed, this half-blank page will be used to write notes regarding curriculum & child (i.e. if a particular "week" took so long, why. Or notes about curricula I am thinking of changing and why. So a history of what was going on with the child & curricula/resource at that time). Notes will be written at the end of the "week" as I look stuff over.

I plan using spiral notebooks and plain paper. Konos activities & life learning stuff are recorded in my daily pages in my filofax. The filofax also has my index card setup in the front pocket (it holds index cards reminding me of certain things, plus DS's speech cards etc. Right now there's just my supplies list for stuff needed for Konos). It also holds a page that shows me the "if then what" page. Basically we have some small concept of how we get things done, but no real schedule (hence the need for a checklist), so this page says stuff like "If Atlas is doing Math, C&E can be doing Preschool Art". Well actually looks something like:

A. Spunky Math = C&E Preschool Art

C. Speech = A does craft with E.

A. LLATL = C&E R&S Workbooks

A. ClickNRead = C&E Bright Beginnings

etc. Plus another page that tells me "the absolutely perfect, never happens, dream day plan" which is a really long name for how our day should go if we were in Fantasy Land. But helps me keep an eye on how off track we are getting, or if that "goal" is too idealistic and something needs to be dropped, or just to remind me how I like to start the day :p

So I am REALLY EXCITED to receive the logbooks, and can't wait. It allows me to retain flexibility (in case I need to drop or add a resource) and gets the kids to start being responsible for their own work (baby steps ;) )

She was wonderful to deal with, and I will definitely be looking her way next year! (I might even get one for myself in the not too distant future to remind me of daily chores that need doing. lol)

Thank you for the reviews, ladies. I'm glad that she will customize the books. I really would want a reading log and attendance record added to the book (even if I have to do it myself). Being able to have everything for dd9 in one place would be awesome.

@Amy Jo: I think the key here is that it's already done for you. I wish I had time to plan out such a wonderful system on my own but my time is very valuable and is given to other homeschooling areas.

I already bought a planner for myself for next year but thought I would take a look at the link anyway. I really like what I saw! I think it will be perfect for my 8 yr old to keep track of her work and what is expected of her with one of these. The only issue is that we don't work M-F, we do days 1,2,3... up to the required 180 days. After reading the post about having the logbook customized I emailed to see if they could do the same for me and remove the days/date from the pages. They responded back shortly and said no problem. I placed my order last night.

• 1 month later...