Menu

Personal Pregnancy question

Please forgive me if this is very personal, but I have yet another pregnancy question...

How long before you went into labor did you have "baby goop"? (All that mucousy stuff that comes shortly before labor)

I was really too ignorant with my first baby to know what was going on, so I don't really have any of my own "data" to go on.

Please forgive me if this is very personal, but I have yet another pregnancy question...

How long before you went into labor did you have "baby goop"? (All that mucousy stuff that comes shortly before labor)

I was really too ignorant with my first baby to know what was going on, so I don't really have any of my own "data" to go on.

It could mean five hours, it could mean five or more days. It really doesn't mean much definitively unless you lose it before you are at term. Then it means you worry and see your doc/mw pronto.

It can vary. It can be so light some women don't notice. It can come when baby comes. From what I've heard, it usually means baby's coming w/in a day or 2 w/ #1, but means very little w/ #2 & beyond.

I never noticed it w/ #1, but he came so fast--there was just a huge pop! & my water broke, & my 1st contraction came HARD, & I was throwing up, & 3 hrs later, he was here.

#2 was about a week before. But I thought it meant she'd be here w/in a day, so I called my dad & dh because we knew it was likely to be a fast birth. Once labor started (10 days later, lol), she was born in 19min.

#3 was just an anomoly. (sp?) Her birth was 4 hrs long, & I felt like I was in early labor for about 3 mos. :lol:

This one? I'm, er, counting on *not* losing it at this point. :001_huh: It had better not be another 10+ days out!

This is just so good to know, that way if I start to lose it, I can avocate for myself better. I'd like to be able to say "Hey, I'm going to go any day now, stop trying to push me into having a c-section."

I guess I am just preparing myself for a bit of a fight.

I'm not due until the 15th, but I am thinking the 22nd or the 24th might be more likely, based on my history. I was 11 days over due with #1 and went 12 overdue with #2 and was pressure to have a c-section.

i didn't lose my plug till the darned CNM stripped my membranes w/ #4 and never told me. That pissed me off.:cursing:

{{where's that creepy sharp teeth/ mad-eyed monster face? that was me....}}

The only time my water ever broke on its own before birth was w/ #5 --what a WEIRD feeling! :eek: