Menu

Thank you to whomever recommended "Pooh" on audio cd (unabridged)...

Oh, Pooh is splendiferous! The stories - the actual book - are much better than the movie versions, aren't they? We have the complete collection in one big volume, and then a set of 3 audio tapes with 3 books (3 different chapters from the complete tales). I think mine and my son's favorite are "Winnie the Pooh and Some Bees".

My favorite part is when Pooh asks Christopher Robin to shoot his gun at the balloon. Christopher Robin fires and Pooh says "Ouch". Then Christopher Robin asks, "Did I miss?"

To which Pooh responds:

"You didn't exactly miss, but you missed the balloon." :lol:

I wanted to order these in the past but got stuck on not knowing which version is best. Thoughts???
Peter Dennis, hands down. He makes the characters come alive, brings out the subtle humor, switches quite easily between all the different voices. He's the best. But don't trust my opinion, trust Christopher Robin's opinion. :-D

Our collection is older, with 9 cassettes. It is truly unabridged because it has all 20 stories and all the wonderful, funny, silly poetry that A.A. Milne wrote for his son. You can find this version in CD format here.

Blackstone Audiobooks presents, from the unabridged collection "A.A. Milne’s Pooh Classics," the ten stories of "Winnie-the-Pooh," performed by Peter Dennis. This is the only reading of these immortal stories authorized by A.A. Mile’s son, Christopher Robin, who wrote, "Peter Dennis has made himself Pooh’s Ambassador Extraordinary and no bear has ever had a more devoted friend. So if you want to meet the real Pooh, the bear I knew, the bear my father wrote about, listen to Peter."