Menu

"Unjoining" social groups

swimmermom3

How do I remove myself from all of my social groups?

Now that they are all listed, I suddenly feel like I am in high school. The list looks so "in you face." There are many posters on this board that I have had wonderful conversations with that are on opposite ends of the spectrum faith-wise and politically from me, yet the conversations would not be complete without them. That list of social groups feels like I walking around wearing a t-shirt that says "agnostic leftie, do not approach." Ick.

OtherJohn has indicated that he's working on the bugs of having the social groups go live again.

Milovany, what does it mean to have the "social groups go live again?" I probably should have been paying attention.

I can't help you, but I just wanted to say I :001_wub: agnostic lefties.

:lol:

Truly, though, I agree. I wish we could "hide" the list of groups beneath our names.

Thank you, but I didn't really want to scare off anyone from the "faithful, rightie" side of the field. I have found that the labels are helpful if you don't want to hear any opposing viewpoints, but not so much if you want to engage in a meaningful dialogue.

Also, if you are on here long enough, your tastes change, your curriculum changes, and sometimes your state changes. It would be good to be able to update that. But that is probably what Other John is working on and I should try to go find the memo.

<p>

Okay, this process seems to work: Go to the social group page > GroupCP at the top > Manage Members on the left side > My Name Edit on the right side > remove member. ETA: Thanks to Delirium for showing me the above group-leaving process. :)
That's not working for me. I only get one page of members, which ends around the middle of the B's. No other pages show up. I tried searching for my member name and got a database error. :mad:</p>

<p> That's not working for me. I only get one page of members, which ends around the middle of the B's. No other pages show up. I tried searching for my member name and got a database error. :mad:</p>

When you get the list of members, click on more search options in the upper right. Change the results per page to 60 and you should be able to see everyone including yourself. That's how I deleted myself from old groups.

Milovany, what does it mean to have the "social groups go live again?" I probably should have been paying attention.

Lisa, on the old forums (pre-Thanksgiving) there were these separate social groups (like we're seeing now). They've been down since Thanksgiving, though, when WTM went to this new format. That's why there were so many threads on the Chat board that said "SOCIAL GROUP such-and-such" in the subject line. We wanted to meet together *somewhere* and that was the only place for awhile. OtherJohn said the old social groups were not lost, but that he hadn't figured out how to switch them over to the new format yet. Last night, he flipped the switch and they went "live" again. Does that make sense?

Lisa, on the old forums (pre-Thanksgiving) there were these separate social groups (like we're seeing now). They've been down since Thanksgiving, though, when WTM went to this new format. That's why there were so many threads on the Chat board that said "SOCIAL GROUP such-and-such" in the subject line. We wanted to meet together *somewhere* and that was the only place for awhile. OtherJohn said the old social groups were not lost, but that he hadn't figured out how to switch them over to the new format yet. Last night, he flipped the switch and they went "live" again. Does that make sense?

Perfect sense. Thanks so much.

Also, this is in no way a comment on the viability of social groups, just my discomfort at the public listing of them. I thought it was enough if we could see them when we looked at someone's profile, but it's all good now.

Actually, I liked the witty locations people listed for themselves too.

Actually, I liked the witty locations people listed for themselves too.

And now you can change your title! See that "Apprentice Bee Keeper" above your avatar? You can change that in your settings. I like seeing what people put for theirs.

I was the creator of a few "old" groups that are no longer relevant. I'm going to leave messages on those groups and then delete them if no one objects. I'll give at least 24-48 hours in case people want to look through all posts.

Same here. I deleted the old 2012 Reading challenges one. Okay with me on deleting the old ones. I've unjoined the ones we had for nanowrimo and writing.