Menu

Looking for a history Timeline

GreenKitty

book for idiots. :D

I would like most of it (if not all) to be filled in, from begining to close to end. :D

I have no timeline hainging on our walls. Though we do have them in various encyclopedias around here...somewhere.

I saw a couple places where I could print off dates and make a three ring binder. I don't want to spend a fortune, nor alot of time. Though I am wondering if it possible to find one for sale, that someone has made? :001_huh:

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but...

You can get an e-book that walks you through making a timeline notebook that includes year labels to put in there. But, it doesn't include timeline figures or what you should enter into your timeline.

You can download a zip file with free timeline figures from here: http://www.thehomeschoolshop.com/sh-freebies.htm This is the HistoryScribe people. But, those are just the pictures there aren't dates or information with them.

HTH,

Amanda

Maybe this would have some options for you?

http://www.learningthroughhistory.com/Store/CategoryTimelines.html

Also, I think this is a great idea for timelines for younger kids:

http://higherupandfurtherin.blogspot.com/2006/12/our-historical-wall-timeline.html

On a different thread today, someone posted this link (I think it looks like a great timeline):

http://www.addacentury.com/

this is a great resource: http://homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTTA/timeline.htm

If you buy their "record of time" notebook, you could just cut & paste figures in. I haven't bought the notebook yet b/c I'm waiting for our littles to become bigs first (plus it is a bit pricey) but I did invest in the cd of figures. LOVE IT!

That Record of Time book looks very nice!

With the cd of figures, do you paste them in the book?

If you just want a timeline and not a notebook -- this is what I use.

http://chaos1.hypermart.net/index.htm

They are laminated and Rainbow Resource sells them for $11.25 each. (I bought most of mine used. I think I found them on homeschoolclassifieds.com.)

I tack the one(s) we are using to the wall. When we are done with that time period, I roll it up, throw on a rubberband and store it until the next time we need it. We use post-its, white board markers and sometimes pictures put on with that tacky stuff that comes off again to add anything that isn't on there. Then I just quickly remove the items and wipe it down before storage.

my friend prints out what she needs, then lets her dc color them in when they are learning about something-she uses MOH, so she just prints out what she needs for each unit(but Im sure that you can print them all out at one time if you need to, then she lets them glue it in the book. I believe that she cuts them out for them though, but if your dc are old enough, they can cut them after they color them in. Good luck in your decision!

Kimmi

Im so sorry-I didnt mean to hijack this thread.....I am just so confused.

I didnt mean to answer about the CD for the Record of Time book here since the question was directed towards someone else, but I just posted about this book in another timeline thread and I thought that this was the thread. LOL. But hopefully I answered your question about the CD. HTH.

Kimmi

Does anyone have either of these and find them useful as a timeline guide?

We have the Timelines of History by Grun. It is a very thorough guide with entries for

• History & Politics

• Literature & Theatre,

• Religion, Philosophy & Learning,

• Visual Arts,

• Music,

• Science, Technology and Growth and

• Daily Life

starting from 5000 bc.

For the earlier periods, the increments are 1000 years, then 500 and they become increasingly smaller until there are yearly entries from the year 500 onwards.

Our timeline is based on our studies of SOTW1, SOTW2, composers, artists and South African history and as we encounter a person or event, we add it to the timeline. I have not referenced the Timelines of History at all for this.

Does anyone have either of these and find them useful as a timeline guide?

We have the Timelines of History by Grun. It is a very thorough guide with entries for

• History & Politics
  • Literature & Theatre,
  • Religion, Philosophy & Learning,
  • Visual Arts,
  • Music,
  • Science, Technology and Growth and
  • Daily Life

starting from 5000 bc.

For the earlier periods, the increments are 1000 years, then 500 and they become increasingly smaller until there are yearly entries from the year 500 onwards.

Our timeline is based on our studies of SOTW1, SOTW2, composers, artists and South African history and as we encounter a person or event, we add it to the timeline. I have not referenced the Timelines of History at all for this.

yahoogroup, very nice;)

I am considering getting the book I listed above, The Timetables of History. It seems it might be nice to have something handy to look at. Though I just read that it's a bit difficult to 'look at'.

I am considering getting the book I listed above, The Timetables of History. It seems it might be nice to have something handy to look at. Though I just read that it's a bit difficult to 'look at'.

It's not really a "look at" book, but rather a very good reference with short descriptions of major events and people that happened or lived in a particular year.