Menu

I finally own The Well-Trained Mind!

After 4 years of borrowing it from the library, I have finally purchased my own [$4+shipping, 1st edition] copy! I'm psyched. :D

Seriously, though, why do I torture myself with curriculum planning every year? Maybe I'll just do whatever SWB tells me to this year, at least for language arts!

Congratulations!!!

Well, I finally jumped on board with it after hearing it talked about all over the place, but not really knowing what it was all about. I'm only in our second year HS'ing. But, I had to appoligize to my mom because she told me before I started HS'ing that I needed to look into giving my children a Classical education. She HS'ed my sister through high school only. She gave me a book, but not TWTM. It was boring and I put it down and sort of blew her off. I found this site and the main TWTM page and realized not only is this what I'm already naturally leaning toward, but it is exactly what I've been looking for to help steer us in the right direction. I appoligized to her and told her when my mom tells me to look into something, I really should do it. Oops!

Anyway, I put a copy on hold at my library, but it's checked out currently. I'm so anxious to read it! Yesterday, I was at my mom's house and she went upstairs and found she had a copy!! So, I started it last night. But, I have to admit, I want to buy the newest edition too. It is an exercise in self-control for me. :) I could never wait 4 years to own it. That is real self-control!!

I can't wait to see what she recommends for us for LA next year!! Woo Hoo!!!

I have looked at all editions, thanks to the library. I check it out every year and make new notes and such, though I haven't been good at implementing them. I wanted the 1st edition since we're not using many of the Peace Hill Press books, except SOTW (I just don't like scripted styles myself). How neat, Heather, that your mom already has the book!

I'm about sit down with it right now and start next years notes. :)

I finally bought TWTM yesterday too. I was at a book store and decided to look through their education section. There it was. One copy. I've been on these boards for over a year (this is my second year homeschooling), but hadn't bought TWTM yet. So I did and I cannot put it down! Although now I'm feeling guilty because I've been doing things wrong. My oldest won't have that perfect education I now know she could've had. I may be able to catch up my middle child. My youngest...well, I'm so glad that one of my kids will benefit from what I've already learned from TWTM, although I feel bad now for pushing workbook pages on him this year (he's in K).

I have looked at all editions, thanks to the library. I check it out every year and make new notes and such, though I haven't been good at implementing them. I wanted the 1st edition since we're not using many of the Peace Hill Press books, except SOTW (I just don't like scripted styles myself). How neat, Heather, that your mom already has the book!

I'm about sit down with it right now and start next years notes. :)

I have been borrowing TWTM off since 2004 and I finally ordered it last week. It was this last time I borrowed from a friend and said to myself - I really need to own this. The one I ordered is the 3rd edition (got for less than half price) because I do use a lot of PHP and love having the scripting. :D