Menu

Bible Curriculum

klhoward42

You might want to look at the Grapevine Sticking Figuring Through the Bible curricula. My preliterate students have liked the original OT ebook, and I've just splurged on a revised hardcopy set that should be arriving soon.

I just use the TM to prepare handwritten and hand-drawn copywork pages for them. We make our timelines vertical on lined paper, instead of horizontal; it's much easier.

Bible Study Guide For All Ages has always been our favorite! I just ordered our next set of Student Pages last night. I asked the boys again if they still like it and they all beg to continue! They are interactive... we never skip a thing. We always DO the Get Active parts. I take pictures of what we do and add them to our notebook of Student Pages. They make great memories!

Pam

I am looking at using "The Dig" available at Amazon with my boys (ages 7 and 9) because I think the science/archeology aspect will draw them into the study of the Bible. As a Sunday School teacher of many years, I used a Montessori based curriculum called Godly Play with my Pre-k though Jr. High mixed age class (very small church w/ a one room Sunday School.)

My girls (4 and 6) are working through CLE's Bible 1. We're stretching it out (2 lessons/wk) so that it doesn't advance too fast for youngest DD. We read important stories from the Bible and each has a color page/puzzle/etc to go with it. Easy-peasy, open-and-go. It doesn't look too exciting, LOL, but they seem to really like it. :D

If you want something more family interactive, what about Long Story Short and Old Story New. We haven't used them yet, but the two books span a 3 year program. It has Bible passages, devotional topics, etc. Like I said, haven't used it yet -- it looks pretty sitting on my shelf, though. ;)

We are using www.characterjournal.com. It ties together character traits with Bible verses, Bible stories, hymns, and real life application. We take our time with each trait and it usually takes us about a month to go through a trait. Oh, and did I mention it is free?! I have a few notebooking pages on my blog we use to go with each trait.

I am planning to use VP's Bible curriculum all in one year using the Sunday School booklets in the back of the teacher's manual. We will sing the song and go over the memory verses and do as much of the Bible reading and booklet as we can. The rest they can do on our lighter school day and I will save any extra projects for summer or when we have time!

The tests we'll do orally at the beginning of the lesson as a review. In 6th grade I may have them actually write out the answers. We'll do the whole timeline every year but we won't be reading the other resources except for the actual Bible chapters. They'll have already gone through the Illustrated Children's Bible and A Child's Story Bible in K and 1st grade so we won't need to look up the stories. They can color the timeline pictures with markers and I know they will like that a lot!