Menu

Mental battles

scrapbookbuzz

Okay, at the risk of some TMI, just wondering if any of you have

"a monthly friend" that just wreaks havoc on your brain?

For the past several months, I have had at least ONE day during that

time each month in which the only thing I can do during that day is focus

on simply getting through the day. It may be depression but it's only ONE day out of

the month. Most of the time I can fight it pretty successfully. This month and one previous

month have brought in their GUIDO days and it's rough! Today is one of those days.

What do you do for days like that? Like I said, it's only ONE day a month, but it can be

brutal mentally.

Okay, at the risk of some TMI, just wondering if any of you have

"a monthly friend" that just wreaks havoc on your brain?

For the past several months, I have had at least ONE day during that

time each month in which the only thing I can do during that day is focus

on simply getting through the day. It may be depression but it's only ONE day out of

the month. Most of the time I can fight it pretty successfully. This month and one previous

month have brought in their GUIDO days and it's rough! Today is one of those days.

What do you do for days like that? Like I said, it's only ONE day a month, but it can be

brutal mentally.

When that started for me it was the beginning of the change. It got worse before it got better.

Scarlett, that's so helpful. :p LOL

Well, at least I know I'm not alone! I wondered if anybody would even know what I was talking about!

LOL. Sorry. I was much younger than I thought that stuff started at, so it really surprised me. I was late 30s.....I didn't address it properly for years....wish I had.

I've heard that going a little heavy on the carbs for a few days beforehand can help.

http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot.com/2011/08/do-carbs-keep-you-sane-midmorning-post.html

In one study, a drink with 48 grams of carbohydrate and no protein decreased depression, anger, and confusion in women suffering PMS. Judith Wurtman also found that women increased their intake of carbohydrate and fat in the premenstrual stage, and experimental meals with only 4% of the energy as protein did improve the mood of women with PMS.

If I'm interpreting this study correctly, it's saying "Cupcake Shots!"

That's is when I started on the pill with no breaks. It gets us through without any breaks in the flow (no pun intended) of the school year. I usually take 1 or 2 breaks each year, Thanksgiving (we have no family, so that is pretty much JUST a week off), and then a week over the summer. Technically, I don't need to do that, but it just doesn't feel right.