Menu

What are you using for 2nd grade that you're excited about?

Michelle My Bell

We are in the middle of second grade here, and having a really good year. I think dd likes everything we are doing right now (except WWE, but we are taking a break from that.)

We love Biblioplan, love Elemental Science, love the SL readers and read alouds-- those are probably the highlights, but all the rest is going well too. :)

We actually start 2nd grade tommorow (school year round...weird timeline :laugh: ) I am looking forward to starting Prima Latina, LOF, also Sassafras Science. My 2nd grader loves history and we are starting the middle ages, so I think it will be a lot of fun this year too (we use TOG for history).

Following.

I'm shopping for a good kid cookbook for our soon to be 2nd grader.

We love the VP readers and Long Story Short daily bible curric.

Other than some graphic novels/comics (in my siggy) we "reward" our 7 yo with things like math dot-to-dots, color by numbers and time on the iPad with learning apps.

He devoured this "algebra" teaching app (and I liked it, too!): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragonbox+/id522069155?mt=8

We're enjoying most of our selections, but here are our top ones.

Language Arts: We're loving WWE2, MCT Island, Editor-in-Chief, and select pages from FLL3 that teach diagramming.

Math: Singapore, Primary Grade Math Challenge, and Life of Fred continue to be fun every single time we open the books.

History: Story of the World is still a hit.

In other subject areas, I'm satisfied with the programs we're using, but not necessarily excited about them.

We are in the middle of 2nd grade here. So far, we have enjoyed:

Have a great year!