Menu

North Carolina question

Does anybody know how to go about changing counties for my home school? I looked all over the DNPE website and couldn't find an option for it. I called them and left a message and they haven't gotten back to me. Do I need to file a new notice of intent to operate? We never closed our school so the re-opening option doesn't apply. Thanks!

The law requires you to file a notice of intent the first year that you begin homeschooling. It does not require you to initiate any further contact.

DNPE is infamous for wanting more than the law requires. Personally, *I* wouldn't pursue things any further, but I'm just cranky like that. :D

Ditto what Becky said. If it's just the county that's wrong, I'd wait until the verification e-mail comes out (late August - early September, I think) and change it online.

If it's more complicated -- When we moved a few years ago I just sent DNPE a letter with our new contact information.

Probably your best bet for now is to just sit tight and wait for them to call you back. From what I understand their staff is like . . . two or three people. Very small. So it could take awhile to get a return phone call.

Do you not have the original card that was sent when you filed your notice of intent? If not, maybe you could have the public school look here under your previous county to see that you are a legally registered home school? Or maybe you could print out the list of schools from your previous county and take it to the school?