Menu

Book purchase coup !!!

Our church has an annual yard sale as a major fundraiser, and I have been going in as I can to help sort/fold/clean items .... so today I was going through a box of mostly textbooks and found a high school Geometry book. Now, you will see me promoting Singapore and Life of Fred on these boards, but I am not so fanatical that I won't consider anything else worthwhile :) And for my dd, who will never be a mathematician, I need to find something besides LOF -- she has stated firmly that she won't do those books LOL. I looked through this book I ran across today -- it looks out of the box new, it contains all the proper topics by chapter (including a chapter devoted to explaining the logic of proofs!), looks like all the topics are there in a reasonable sequence, answers for the odd problems ... the negatives are mainly that it's a CA and PA approved text (oh, my bigotry is showing), and it has lots of pictures and is very colorful (not my preference, but dd won't mind). So I asked whether I could pre-purchase it and they sold it to me for $0.67. Did you see that? Less than one dollar for a gorgeous hardbound decent-looking Geometry text -- celebrate with me!!! :lol:

Karen

Let me put in a quick plug for volunteering to help your local library set up for their Book Sale.

Ours is a large sale (10,000 books+) in a small town (40,000 folks). It's a combination of library discards and private donations (about half & half).

This past Wednesday, we happily came home with 100 books after helping set up (they sell to the workers for half price), for about $45!