Menu

Yoga workout videos

Mynyel

I recommend Adriennereed.com all the time on this board. I started her routines with no prior experience and it was fine. I progressed pretty quickly. She is on PBS if you have tv. We gave up tv so I bought a DVD of her show. Highly recommended. She is more of an encourager than "spiritual" we'll, she might be spiritual but her videos are tame, IMO.

Try your public library. Ours has a ton of fitness dvds, and it's nice to be able to try out a few different ones before you fork over any cash to purchase your own. Hulu and Netflix also have some.

Oh, I just saw on the Roku last night that there is a yoga channel. If you have Netflix and a Roku you might find something worthwhile there.

My favorite yoga dvd is suzanne deason's "yoga conditioning for weightloss". I have quite a few yoga dvd's, and that is my favorite. she's a great instructor - speaking through the poses of what a position should feel like (e.g. weight evenly distributed, stand on the four corners of your feet) and reminding you to breathe.

It's aimed at women who are not already fit. (and many "beginning" yoga dvd's seem to expect you to be in great shape already) it shows three levels of modification and the full pose. It lets you actually get a good look at the mod and *not* "just" tell you about them in two seconds so you're left wondering what you're supposed to do and fall behind. so she does use a block, strap, and blanket as props.

Try MyYogaOnline: $9.95 per month unlimited streaming. I just signed up, because I liked that the videos were all different types and lengths. (Some are 10 minute quick videos). You can cancel at any time.

Despite the sound of this post, I have no affiliation with the yoga site. I'm an absolute beginner (and an old one, to boot!) :rofl:

Beth

My MIL got me one for Christmas. It's called Beginner's Yoga, by Gaiam. (you can get it cheaper at Target, just wanted to give you a link to check it out...) It has 4 dvd's - "Beginner's Yoga", "Yoga Mix" (combination of yoga and dance), "Yoga Stretch", and "Firm and Flex Yoga". I REALLY like it!! I think it would be perfect for you. :)