Menu

No new horse here.- Video added

Remudamom

I"m sorry she was such a rebel because I know how aggravating it is to see an animal you put hard work into and then handed it over to someone else act like a fool. On the other hand, it made your decision easier. Too bad-- she's a lovely mover.

astrid

When the lady rode her two years ago filly had been at the trainer's for six weeks and was barely manageable. She nearly threw me, dh had to hold her still for me to dismount. I put her up for sale that night and this lady called me at once. She had wanted to buy her as a yearling. Anyhow, I told her what was going on and she met me at the trainer's the next day.

She got on and the filly exploded, worse than she did with me the day before. She stayed on and rode her into the ground. Even the trainer was impressed. He said "She'll make a horse out of her!" She called me about an hour later and said "I'll trade you my Quarter mare for her" Done deal.

She's got a three year old child. I don't see how she can have time to ride. I was really impressed with how she stayed on that first day. She's a horse that will need to be ridden extensively for a long time to get her where she needs to be.

Ds could manage her, but I don't want him to. He's already got a young Arab to ride.

Ahhh...for some reason I was thinking you broke her and sold her. Wow-- sounds like she's always been a firecracker! I don't blame you-- not worth the risk, and to me it sounds like she needs lots of miles on her. Wait-- maybe a good endurance mount?

astrid

Ahhh...for some reason I was thinking you broke her and sold her. Wow-- sounds like she's always been a firecracker! I don't blame you-- not worth the risk, and to me it sounds like she needs lots of miles on her. Wait-- maybe a good endurance mount?

astrid

I did do ground work with her before sending her to the trainer's. I was pretty annoyed with him because I don't think he had been faithfully riding her for the six weeks. Otoh, I expected her to be difficult, which is why I didn't want to back her myself.

She has always been wild. Of course the lady that got her knew this. But she wanted her anyway. She had wanted her for over a year and I refused to sell until I could see how she did. I saw alright.