Menu

I think I'm going to lose my mind tonight

Parrothead

Every night for the past 4 nights I've not been able to sleep due to the snow removal equipment backing up. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

It starts at midnight and goes on ALL. FLIPPING. NIGHT.

Then the next day is shot because I end up sleeping until 10:30. I can't function continuously on 5 hours of sleep a night.

There is no place else to go sleep.

Nothing but miserable nights in the foreseeable future. How long does it take to get rid of a bit of snow?

Can you sleep with the TV on? That is what I do when my neighbors play music or kids decide to play basetball when I am sleeping. I have even slept on the closet floor (middle of our house) before when I was desperate. For TV, I put on Netflix to a Star Trek series. Something about the Hummmmmmmmmm of the ships makes me go to sleep. Stargate SGU works also. LOL

Can I borrow them?

:lol: So sorry! He uses them daily for work. :D You could rest better starting tomorrow night if you could find a good pair at a local store. Regular headphones won't do what you need. DH wears his when mowing the lawn and when on the flight line (very noisy). They block out very loud sounds very well. He used them in Iraq to drown out the sound of incoming mortar attacks at night. Anyway, he has Shure and swears by them.

Can you sleep with the TV on? That is what I do when my neighbors play music or kids decide to play basetball when I am sleeping. I have even slept on the closet floor (middle of our house) before when I was desperate. For TV, I put on Netflix to a Star Trek series. Something about the Hummmmmmmmmm of the ships makes me go to sleep. Stargate SGU works also. LOL

Oh, yes. This too. Literally since the day they were born, my kids have all slept with the "white noise" of an ocean cd I got years ago. It blocks out a great deal of noise. Very soothing too. We take it to hotels and they have always slept like champs.

:lol: So sorry! He uses them daily for work. :D You could rest better starting tomorrow night if you could find a good pair at a local store. Regular headphones won't do what you need. DH wears his when mowing the lawn and when on the flight line (very noisy). They block out very loud sounds very well. He used them in Iraq to drown out the sound of incoming mortar attacks at night. Anyway, he has Shure and swears by them.

Unless the are sold at Walmart I'm just SOL. I'll check amazon. I could have them in two days.

Oh, yes. This too. Literally since the day they were born, my kids have all slept with the "white noise" of an ocean cd I got years ago. It blocks out a great deal of noise. Very soothing too. We take it to hotels and they have always slept like champs.

i have a white noise app on both my phone and iPad. Unfortunately it sounds as if they are working below my window. I have no idea how dd and dh are slurping through all this noise tonight.

Has it stopped snowing? If so, yes, you can hope. Better stock up on Hearos ASAP; it's going to be a long winter! Make sure you get the Xtreme ones, even if you have to order them from Amazon. The regular ones work great, btw, as long as you do not have my DH snoring beside you. He is an especially loud snorer!

Every night for the past 4 nights I've not been able to sleep due to the snow removal equipment backing up. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

It starts at midnight and goes on ALL. FLIPPING. NIGHT.

Then the next day is shot because I end up sleeping until 10:30. I can't function continuously on 5 hours of sleep a night.

There is no place else to go sleep.

Nothing but miserable nights in the foreseeable future. How long does it take to get rid of a bit of snow?

That's so annoying! Sorry you had to experience that! Only a few of us here have our driveways cleared and they are only here for under 5 minutes, so I never even thought about how that would be. I'm sorry!