Menu

Putting Up Posters

I've used Command Strips in the past (you can get them from Amazon); they hang posters much more neatly and, if you follow the instructions, don't damage your walls when you take them down. I have, however, had one wall slightly damaged when taking one off, but that was probably my own fault :blush: .

If you are okay with some damage, just don't want everything you put up and take down to damage the walls, consider mounting a strip of some sort of magnetic material to the wall and using magnets to attach the posters to the strip. I did this with children's art work.

I simply got cheap poster frames from the art supply store (also saw them at Walmart) in standard large poster size. Any posters too small to fit perfect get a trimmed "matte" of construction paper. Cheap - does the job. Means one nail hole in the wall to hang the frame, but easy to switch out posters when you need a change. I just changed two posters in my autistic sons's room from KungFu Panda and Shrek to Frankenweenie and Hobbit. Easy as pie. Plus, the posters do not get damaged.

These are the frmaes that are a large sheet of clear heavy plastic (npot glass!), same of cardboard, and four flexible, plastic edges you push on to hold it all together. Yet they look decent. Plus the edges of a poster do not get ragged like when you use the double stick stuff to get it on the wall. The framed posters simply look nicer than just sticking them up with Command stuff (although that stuff is wonderful, too.!)