Menu

Christmas FAILS???

Heather in Neverland

Bummer! We got the game Spot It based on recommendations and I thought it looked like a fun game for the 6yo but it's WAY too fast paced. I might be able to come up with alternate rules, but it's a bit hard. (I think the age recs were older, but I didn't realize that it was a speed game--NOT a good choice for this easily frustrated kid. LOL)

We had very little Christmas money and I had to really scrimp and save and buy a few things for my 5 yo that she specifically pointed out to me. Yeah.....she complained loudly and grumpily about every present. Either it wasn't the best dress on the Barbie, or she already has a doll like that (I bought it first, family Xmas came first and family got her one like it), or comments that made me worry she was a future kkk member. And my dh seems mad at me for the bongo drum I got him. No idea what that's about.

Oh, and my new washer's inner door exploded into a million glass pieces for NO reason during a small load of shower curtains on the 23rd...when we had house guests and right before dd's bday party. Being the holidays, we can't even find out if the warranty covers it, so dh has spent the past few days in the bathroom using the camp washer on our mountains of laundry. Did I mention that my 5 yo also ate too much candy and vomited all over her new sheets, pillows, and blankets? That's a whole other kind of fail, though.

Oh, gosh! No fun. :grouphug:

Not exactly a fail, but more of a bummer.

Christmas morning. The kids are getting ready to open their presents and the 3 year old starts throwing up. :glare:

At first we thought it was from all the excitement, but he kept at it throughout the day.

So, I packed the gifts to the extended family, food we're supposed to bring and hubby left with the girls for IL's house to have Christmas dinner. :(

The funny thing is that we had the same thing happen on Thanksgiving.

All the gifts were a hit though. :D

I accidentally bought two of the exact same shirt for DD. I wrapped a bunch of stuff early, and I guess it slipped my mind. Oh well, at least I can return it for something else.

The biggest fail wasn't gift related. MIL told DH they wanted to be done with presents and stuff no later than 10am because they were going to MIL's boyfriend's family's house for lunch. All of us got up at 6am (and were all very sleep deprived) for the nearly 2 hour drive, and when we got there, everyone was still asleep except SIL. They said they didn't really expect DH to get up before 10am. :cursing:

Bummer! We got the game Spot It based on recommendations and I thought it looked like a fun game for the 6yo but it's WAY too fast paced. I might be able to come up with alternate rules, but it's a bit hard. (I think the age recs were older, but I didn't realize that it was a speed game--NOT a good choice for this easily frustrated kid. LOL)

My 5 yr old received Spot It jr. and while it is a bit frustrating for him, overall he likes it and we've had fun with it. Maybe try the Jr. edition?

Dh always gets me a calendar for one of my gifts. For about 10 years straight, he got me the same exact style calendar, made by the same company. They are nice, but I was tired to the same old thing hanging in my kitchen. So, last year before Christmas I asked if he could get something different. He did a great job, and I enjoyed the new calendar all year. Apparently, he thought I only meant a one-year break because yesterday I opened up...yawn...the old style. I am not ungrateful, as I do love this tradition. However, I'm not sure if I should say anything or ask to exchange it. It's a whole year of looking at something I don't really like! I suppose this is a small problem to have.

Only one fail. DH purchased a photo organizing program that I had purchased the same week, from the same consultant. She "forgot" that I had purchased it. She is not overly thrilled at having to buy one of them back either. :glare: Golly, I really don't need two of them!

My 5 yr old received Spot It jr. and while it is a bit frustrating for him, overall he likes it and we've had fun with it. Maybe try the Jr. edition?

That may be the answer except that he's the youngest so anyone he plays with in this house is going to kick his butt if it's still based on how fast you find a match. LOL I should have known. I'm not opposed to losing on purpose with him once in a while, though. :p

Well we officially have a fail. bigs went to their dad's house today. He bought ds14 grand theft auto. one of very few games I have outright banned from my home. I now get to be the bad guy and not let ds play it (his dad told him to break the seal on it right away so I could not force him to return it.)

My son's big Santa gift, a Skylanders set, is defective. The USB dongle (I hate that word) doesn't work. I can send it to Amazon and get a refund and we will go buy another somewhere in town tomorrow, it just means weathering the crowds.

I hate that word, too. It sounds so...dirty. LOL

When my teenage son took the headphones I bought him out of the package, he asked me why I bought him pink headphones. I said, "They're red. The description said, black and red." But upon closer inspection, I had to agree that the red parts were sort of pinkish red, almost magenta in certain light. Combine that with the shiny decorative oval on the ear covers, and yeah, they do like kinda girly. So I guess I got new headphones, and I will let ds pick out another pair. Oh, well. They're nice headphones for the price, and I didn't have any (just earbuds), so I'll keep them.