Menu

UGH!! P**n pop-up on KIDS game site

shinyhappypeople

Yes, we have pop-ups disabled, but there it was anyway, showing a "lady" in all her, um, glory.

It's a kids' game site. I don't know what to do short of blocking the site altogether. This is obviously what we'll have to do.

Is there somewhere I can go to file a complaint? I feel so POWERLESS and ANGRY!!! I mean, what kind of sick, evil, nasty, ugly, hateful, useless, pathetic excuse of a human being targets KIDS with this stuff?

ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Keep in mind that the site may have been hacked. It's not necessarily something that they put on it deliberately. It's similar to a home computer getting a virus. Let the administrator of the site know that this stuff is popping up and give them a chance to fix it.

The site is girlsgogames.com. I'm blocking it. No second chances. This ad was really graphic. The other ads were for toys and games and then... bam. this pops up. If they got hacked, that's their problem. They should have had better security to begin with. When you market to kids, you have to go the extra mile to keep things safe. They don't get a do-over for something like this.

The site is girlsgogames.com. I'm blocking it. No second chances. This ad was really graphic. The other ads were for toys and games and then... bam. this pops up. If they got hacked, that's their problem. They should have had better security to begin with. When you market to kids, you have to go the extra mile to keep things safe. They don't get a do-over for something like this.

thanks. I just told dd not to go there anymore.

Watch your computer.it might be something on your computer. I had that happen a few years ago. It was a virus or something on my computer that was not caught by my software.

This happened on our computer a few years ago. THe only thing that got rid of it was spybot seach and destroy. When the first pic popped up, it was so close and, um enlarge, I sat there for a few seconds trying to figure out what it was. I nearly jumped out of my chair when it finally hit me.

Oh, man! My dd loves that site! We've been on it for years and never had a problem. Gee, there's got to be some way to alert them! I'm making it forbidden for now unless we can put on ad blocker or something. Thanks for posting this.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to breaking the news to younger DD. The girls play on this site in areas like the living room where I can semi-supervise, and I've glanced at the screen as I pass by and never noticed anything amiss until today. I asked older DD about this issue and she said that site has lots of "PG-13 and R-rated ads". They just ignore them and click away from them. I'm glad I finally noticed them. We definitely need to talk with our DDs about reporting icky stuff to us. I also need to create a white-list of approved game sites. Obviously girlsgogames.com won't make the list :(

I sent an email to the site admins. I'm not sure if they'll bother replying or not. I'm not holding my breath.