Menu

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Mynyel

Most of it yes, depends on how you feel about curse words and there are two scenes that you may not want him to see (just saw the movie again last night) - one in the mall when Chevy Chase is shopping/flirting with the underwear salesgirl and when he day dreams about his new pool.

Dh and I love this movie! We watch it every year.

Last year, we let ds watch it for the first time at age 11. We skipped over those two scenes, and felt fine about the rest of the movie.

It has tons of "inappropriate" content. Nonetheless, it has been a family tradition to begin our holiday season by watching it every Thanksgiving. Hilarious fun and not to be missed. We generally don't enjoy crude humor but this movie stands on it's own. I change my ringtones to quotes from it every year at Christmas time. Each family member has their favorite quote as a ringtone on my phone. It makes me happy.

It's been a family favorite here for years. We watch it Thanksgiving night, to kick off our holiday movie season.

Oddly enough, year round dh calls our son Russ- during the squirrel scene Clark calls Russ and he answers, "right here, Dad." That happens in our house every day. Well, not the squirrel part, thankfully.

Love this movie!!