Menu

Daily drill sheets for basic math facts?

PentecostalMom

I also use math-drills.com. When we needed to work multiplication facts, and DS's typing wasn't quick enough for Xtramath.org (which is basically online flash cards), I printed out the 5 minute drills from math-drills.com. I told him to do however many he could in 5 minutes. I also told him to skip any he didn't know immediately and just keep going. I did one table at a time, starting with x3 (he already knew x2 very well). He skipped 3x6 and 3x8 throughout the page. So as I went over it, I said, "Quick! What's 3x6?" By the end of the page, he knew 3x6 and 3x8 because we had had focused oral drill on just those two facts for the whole page. :D

I also use math-drills.com. When we needed to work multiplication facts, and DS's typing wasn't quick enough for Xtramath.org (which is basically online flash cards), I printed out the 5 minute drills from math-drills.com. I told him to do however many he could in 5 minutes. I also told him to skip any he didn't know immediately and just keep going. I did one table at a time, starting with x3 (he already knew x2 very well). He skipped 3x6 and 3x8 throughout the page. So as I went over it, I said, "Quick! What's 3x6?" By the end of the page, he knew 3x6 and 3x8 because we had had focused oral drill on just those two facts for the whole page. :D

Can do! I love this site:

www.math-drills.com

Lots of free printables for all kinds of math problems. :)

Thank you for sharing!

Guest 5moretalents

One of the first things I would want to know is: Which facts does she already know? You'll have the best success if you only work on 1 or 2 new facts at a time, mixed in with reviewing facts she already knows. More is overload for the brain. That's one of the reasons I like software. I don't know if you are open to using software, but good software will adapt to your daughter, tell you what she knows/doesn't know, will work at the right pace for her, and will let you know if she encounters problems. However, this means that the software is choosing what she needs to work on next, instead of you, so you would have to be OK with that. As boscopup said, http://xtramath.org is a good program. Another one is http://mathfactspro.com, which uses a mouse instead of the keyboard, learns each student's speed instead of just using three seconds (I've known students who could count faster than three seconds), and is in the process of adding mnemonic videos to help students who struggle to remember facts. Like Xtramath, you can create an account, which makes it much more effective and allows for paperless tracking. There's a free trial for a year for 5 students or less.