Menu

Diet Accountability, Anyone? :)

Tracy in Ky

This week I made a promise to a friend that I would eat no dessert type food all week except for my usual few chocolate chips that I enjoy daily (they keep me sane). It has been amazing.

From the hot cookies that my daughter made several times and left sitting on the stove to my craving of honey nut cream cheese (that my husband likes to snack on) to the dessert treats that my Tapestry of Grace co-op mom friends passed out yesterday, temptations have been all around me.

But you know what? I resisted, because I had made a promise. And I feel great about that. The more control I have, the more I get--does that make sense? The feeling of accomplishment is amazing and gives me more momentum.

So I thought it might be helpful to some of you to do the same thing here.

Starting today and going through next Friday, pick an eating goal that you want to stick to and tell us here. Update the thread each day to tell us that you made it and share your victories.

Let's not be bossed around by food this Christmas!! lol! :D

So, here's mine. Same thing because it has kept me out of so much trouble this week:

From today through next Friday, I will eat no desserts except my chocolate chips--10 each day. Not even a nibble.

Bascially, this means no added sugar, outside of the 1/2 tsp of maple syrup that I eat on my homemade french toast each morning (just whole wheat bread and egg) and the 1/2 tsp that I put in my 1 cup of morning coffee.

Anybody with me? :)

I made it through yesterday, but it was tricky! lol. In the afternoon I wanted a cup of coffee, but I knew I couldn't put any maple syrup in it. :scared: I even thought of putting banana in it to sweeten it...haha. I ended up drinking it unsweetened with just half and half. It wasn't too bad!

I'm in too!

I have 2 goals that I will commit to meeting this week:

No eating after the kids go to bed. .

Exercise 3x this week.

Thanks for starting this. My weight is spiraling out of control! Stupid, stupid menopause.

Hi Mom2-7 :)

If you want to, post here when your kids go to bed for extra accountability :D There's something about going public that really helps! haha.

Totally in. I am out of control.

I will NOT eat after 8pm this week. Not a single bite.

I will not eat any sugary treats outside of my 10 chocolate chips (SO funny cause I thought I was weird for doing the chocolate chip thing :) )

lol! My chocolate chips keep me from much greater evils... :rolleyes:

Great goal. I tend to want snacks before bed too.

. I could not eat all day and then I just eat everything in sight. Its gross and I NEED to stop it.

Yeah as it turns out, even if you don't eat (or eat really healthy) all day, eating a whole box of lucky charms or donut holes before bed makes you gain weight. I am so out of control in the evenings, that's why I need that rule. I also need to not have lucky charms or donut holes in the house. (and I don't, generally).

Had a good night out last night, and while I certainly was still eating when the kids went to bed, I did NOT eat anything after dinner. No dessert, no snacks when I got home. Tonight the 7pm rule starts.

I need to cut the sweets out again. I do so good controlling what I eat and my portions when sweets are out of the picture. I am NOT a moderation person. I am someone who MUST abstain or I will just go back down that slippery slope.

Once I cut the sweets out, I don't really have cravings for them.

Another reason I hate the holidays --- at every corner, someone is trying to shove sweets down my throat.

SO, from today until next Sunday (and hopefully beyond), I will have no sweets.

That chocolate chip thing sounds like a great idea, I'm putting it on my shopping list now. Everyday I say I need to lose weight, and everyday I say I will just start tomorrow.

Well, I just had a brownie, so I guess I will start tomorrow - lol! Starting Sun. - No junk food (except a few choc. chips), and I will try my best not to snack after 8pm (can't make promises on this one). My biggest downfall is after 8pm when everyone is settled and the house is quiet.

That chocolate chip thing sounds like a great idea, I'm putting it on my shopping list now. Everyday I say I need to lose weight, and everyday I say I will just start tomorrow.

Well, I just had a brownie, so I guess I will start tomorrow - lol! Starting Sun. - No junk food (except a few choc. chips), and I will try my best not to snack after 8pm (can't make promises on this one). My biggest downfall is after 8pm when everyone is settled and the house is quiet.

It helps to count them out in the morning and lay them on the counter. It's easy to lose track. Just be sure you tell your kids not to touch them. One day I was stressed because I had fewer left than I thought. Turns out my dd had helped herself to some! eeeek! lol. :scared:

Well, it's almost 10pm and I have done pretty well today. No junk food, except for an 8oz glass of ginger ale this afternoon (it's hard to go cold turkey). I had my evening snack (a bowl of cheerios) around 8:30, so no more snacking tonight. I still have to get to the store for my chocolate chips! :)

It helps to count them out in the morning and lay them on the counter. It's easy to lose track. Just be sure you tell your kids not to touch them. One day I was stressed because I had fewer left than I thought. Turns out my dd had helped herself to some! eeeek! lol. :scared:

I will definitely have a good hiding place for these! Thanks! :)

Well, it's almost 10pm and I have done pretty well today. No junk food, except for an 8oz glass of ginger ale this afternoon (it's hard to go cold turkey). I had my evening snack (a bowl of cheerios) around 8:30, so no more snacking tonight. I still have to get to the store for my chocolate chips! :)

Awesome!!! :hurray:

I didnt abide to my no snack rule tonight. I was not feeling well and ate rice to calm my stomach. I will let that slide since i am ill. I will do anything to not throw up :tongue_smilie:

I agree--when you are sick, you have an excused absense from following diet rules! Hope you are feeling better :grouphug:

I'm off of grains till Christmas eve. I've been off since Thanksgiving, but I did sneak a few ravioli on Friday night. I'm realizing that I need to just keep it out of the house, rather than try to resist what the kids are eating.

I'm the same way. It's much harder to resist if it is right in front of me.

You know what helps me? Thinking about what I want more than the tempting food. It kind of comes down to your "why." Why are you trying to avoid grains? Keep that goal in front of yourself and consider every time you cheat as a trade-off.

For me sometimes it is health (ie. that cookie is not worth trading vibrant energy for). Sometimes it is how I want to look (ie. I would rather shop for smaller clothes this spring than eat that piece of pizza).

I love this picture! lol

cookie-orders1.jpg

How is everybody doing with your goals? It's kind of a love/hate relationship for me! haha. I hate it when I want something that I have committed not to eat, but then later on I LOVE that I committed and didn't eat it! lol.

I'd love to hear your updates--both victories and struggles :001_smile:

I am feeling a little better. Didn't eat last night and today so far so good!!!

I dont eat enough during the day and then I have a ton of calories left for night and then I dont stop eating. I am working really hard on eating good, healthy meals during the day so my body isnt starving at night and I endlessly try and fill it up.

I am feeling a little better. Didn't eat last night and today so far so good!!!

I dont eat enough during the day and then I have a ton of calories left for night and then I dont stop eating. I am working really hard on eating good, healthy meals during the day so my body isnt starving at night and I endlessly try and fill it up.

A little food every 2.5 - 3 hours keeps me on track. It keeps me from getting so hungry that I cave and eat whatever is near me! lol

A little food every 2.5 - 3 hours keeps me on track. It keeps me from getting so hungry that I cave and eat whatever is near me! lol

I actually for awhile there was setting the timer on my phone to tell me to eat. I think I am going to do that again I dont eat from 8 pm to 8 am, so that leaves 12 hours. If I eat at about 300 cals at 8-11-2 and then about 400-500 at 5 and a 100 cal snack at 7 I should be good to go. I get about 1500 cals a day right now.

Man, it looks so easy on paper :glare:

I actually for awhile there was setting the timer on my phone to tell me to eat. I think I am going to do that again I dont eat from 8 pm to 8 am, so that leaves 12 hours. If I eat at about 300 cals at 8-11-2 and then about 400-500 at 5 and a 100 cal snack at 7 I should be good to go. I get about 1500 cals a day right now.

Man, it looks so easy on paper :glare:

That sounds like a great plan. I have a friend who has set timers to remind her to eat. She has lost 185 pounds!