Menu

Holiday Crafts

Jess4879

Do you do them? And if so, what are you making?

We are going to fill balloons with colored water and then you let them freeze outside, tear off the balloon and you have a colored globe to decorate the walkway. We are also making paper-plate snowmen, the age-old paper snowflakes, and probably a few other things.

So far we made paper chains for the tree. I bought some little foam ornament kits last year on clearance, so they are making those. Oh and they did some little create your own little window clings. That was another on clearance kit from last year's after Christmas sale. We will do snowflakes at some point too, and of course decorate sugar cookies. The girls are making cards this week for their co-op teachers.

Hmm, pretty boring this year, huh?? I checked out a book called Christmas Crafts, but nothing really struck my fancy this year. They are doing an ornament exchange, so they will probably hand sew some felt ornaments for that.

Do you do them? And if so, what are you making?

We are going to fill balloons with colored water and then you let them freeze outside, tear off the balloon and you have a colored globe to decorate the walkway. We are also making paper-plate snowmen, the age-old paper snowflakes, and probably a few other things.

Those colored water globes sound awesome! Me thinks that given our geographical location, and the fact that we were swimming two days ago, these suckers probably wouldn't last long here. Sigh.

I miss snow.

We also do snowflakes :)

And most years we'll do snow globes if we have glass jars on hand.

We take the fronts of holiday cards and use catalog pictures to decoupage ornaments of cardboard or card stock.

I have one that likes to make background "sets" for our many nativity sets LOL. She draws and paints trifolds :)

Hmm, pretty boring this year, huh?? I checked out a book called Christmas Crafts, but nothing really struck my fancy this year. They are doing an ornament exchange, so they will probably hand sew some felt ornaments for that.

I thought we were looking pretty boring here too, so I did a google after I posted this and found a couple other ideas to try out. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing too!

Those colored water globes sound awesome! Me thinks that given our geographical location, and the fact that we were swimming two days ago, these suckers probably wouldn't last long here. Sigh.

I miss snow.

I will gladly trade. We have had nothing but snow this year. It started in November and it's been snowing almost every day since. We already have to think about shoveling off the roof!!

Yesterday we made "Squeeze My Cheeks" Santas and reindeer. My kids are going to give them out as presents to their AWANA (and other) teachers. They are pretty easy, even for my five-year old.

Here's a link:

http://sweetteasoake...e-you-kiss.html

They're pretty cute!

I love those! My Granny used to make them and we hang them on the tree. :)

We have made an advent calendar together, advent paper chain, and some holiday foods. We we do a full out baking day, decorate gingerbread houses, make a few ornaments together (I have glass bulbs). We also decorated foam trees with sticker ornaments. We always make applesauce/cinnamon ornaments to hang up. I have some more pined, but not sure how much we will actually do, lol.