Menu

What would you call this yarn?

Slartibartfast

I bought this yarn awhile back, it is not mohair, it is plastic and shiny. I don't have the tag.

I am just not what category to look for it on ravelry. I am looking for something interesting to do with it.

I cannot use mohair at all ever. I am crazy allergic to mohair yarn and I bought this at some point in irritation on a whim. Now I don't know what to do with it, I am thinking of some sort of fun wrap thing for my niece. I do not usually buy weird yarn and I don't know where it might be on the website.

Due to the plastic glitz, I don't see mohair. I suppose it could have some in it...what did it cost?

Sorry I just mean it is mohair-ish in that it has a strong central thread with fluff. I was just clarifying that if one just glanced at it that it looks mohair-ish.

I likely bought it at the nice yarn store, I would say around $10 or so. It probably wasn't super cheap.

You could knit it into a scarf. Hold a strand of it together with a strand of another yarn and knit them as if they are the same strand. If you used something like Bernat Boa for the other yarn, you could make a nifty bling scarf. Here's a Ravelry link to a pattern for a froufrou scarf. A few years ago I made at least a half dozen of these for gifts. Just use big needles -- 13 is a good size -- and cast on 10 stitches.

I think it' some sort of metallic eyelash.

And I just want to add that I LUUURVE mohair! I knit myself a mohair sweater last winter and just wore it on Friday. It's SOOOO lightweight and WARM!

astrid

It is so beautiful and I love it so much but my eyes swell, my nose runs, I sneeze 570000 times and I have to put it away. I could probably use it if I wore a mask. There are just some natural fibers that kill me. :( I have the prettiest ball of bright green mohair, I see it every now and then while digging in the yarn. :( Mean yarn. :(

You could knit it into a scarf. Hold a strand of it together with a strand of another yarn and knit them as if they are the same strand. If you used something like Bernat Boa for the other yarn, you could make a nifty bling scarf. Here's a Ravelry link to a pattern for a froufrou scarf. A few years ago I made at least a half dozen of these for gifts. Just use big needles -- 13 is a good size -- and cast on 10 stitches.

Yes, something like that would work. :)

I do have some 13 needles.

It is so beautiful and I love it so much but my eyes swell, my nose runs, I sneeze 570000 times and I have to put it away. I could probably use it if I wore a mask. There are just some natural fibers that kill me. :( I have the prettiest ball of bright green mohair, I see it every now and then while digging in the yarn. :( Mean yarn. :(

Awwww....that's NOT FAIR!!! No knitter should be allergic to ANY fiber! BOOOO!!!! :cursing:

astrid