Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

Boo! I know how that is, except for us it was an entire week's pay. Dh's job decided to restructure their pay periods. They needed a 2 week delay instead of the 1 week they've had. So, they decided that because we "received 3 paychecks in November", they were going to withhold last week's earnings. So we got a paycheck for one week instead of 2. Right before Christmas. And "extra" paychecks don't help me. He gets paid every other Friday. My mortgage is due every month. Ugh.

So, Dh took all last week off. All guys in his position did the same. They would receive the money when the quit/got fired, some indeterminate time in the future. Meh. Might as well not work it. We enjoyed the family time. But, I so didn't enjoy that check.

Sorry to hijack your thread, OP! Big hugs to you!

Ugh! That's awful!! :( I know how that is. DH was "on call" for the day after Thanksgiving. Not only did he lose about 4 hours (because his holiday pay is NEVER even close to what he ACTUALLY works in a day) but he lost an entire day on Friday. And now the bonus check isn't coming. Rent was due yesterday, water bill due tomorrow. I just feel a mess. I had a few things sitting in an Amazon cart for gifts for kiddos, a grocery list to pick up tomorrow, and I was hoping to surprise DH with paying off his credit card (it was a small limit, only $200, but paying it off would have lifted a worry from his mind).

Blah, blah, blah. I know there are others in worse situations. I just didn't see this one coming and I wasn't prepared at all.

I'm sorry. That's a real blow since you had reason to expect it. I hope it gets better.

Hugs. I'm sorry. This happened to us last year except we couldn't cancel our vacation plans! (My in-laws paid for everything except our gasoline to get down there. And then we had car trouble on the way back and had to stay overnight at a hotel.) No option of a bonus at my husband's new job, which may be better since I wasn't hoping to spend it. Hope you have a good December anyways.

:grouphug: A company my husband used to work for did that a couple quarters in a row, and then recruiters started cold-calling to try and snap up experienced people who were frustrated with hitting numbers and later having the goals revised. Maybe there will be a silver lining in there somewhere for you guys too. It's tough when you're expecting the money.

Ugh! That's awful!! :( I know how that is. DH was "on call" for the day after Thanksgiving. Not only did he lose about 4 hours (because his holiday pay is NEVER even close to what he ACTUALLY works in a day) but he lost an entire day on Friday. And now the bonus check isn't coming. Rent was due yesterday, water bill due tomorrow. I just feel a mess. I had a few things sitting in an Amazon cart for gifts for kiddos, a grocery list to pick up tomorrow, and I was hoping to surprise DH with paying off his credit card (it was a small limit, only $200, but paying it off would have lifted a worry from his mind).

Blah, blah, blah. I know there are others in worse situations. I just didn't see this one coming and I wasn't prepared at all.

I feel like Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation! Jelly of the Month Club?! Seriously?! Maybe the Scrooge will get a change of heart. :(