Menu

Adding more mapwork/geography to SOTW for logic stage?

Dd loves to do the mapwork in SOTW, but always complains that there is not enough. Next year she will be in 5th and I plan to go back to do SOTW 1 with her. I would love to add more mapwork or geography to our lessons for dd (ds will do the maps in the AG as a 1st grader). I do not have the time to come up with mapwork for every lesson. Is there something out there that someone else has worked up that goes along with it? Thanks!

I'm sure there is, but one way I found to make the mapwork a little more involved is to have dd draw a key for each map. She also colored in more of the map (colored pencils), but that may feel like busy work to some.

I know TOG has a neat overlay map system--you could see if anyone has posted about that. It uses transparencies.

I do like putting an acetate outline map with current borders/countries over some of the SOTW maps, but I don't have anything I can share. I just think it's nice when the kids know what part of the "current" world they are learning about via Ancients.